WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So the GF and I were suppose to do dinner and a movie today, but because the plummer is coming to fix a leak by her toilet, the movie got scrapped. She had wanted to go see "Lone Survivor", as she's a Wahlberg fan. We really wanted to see Dallas Buyers Club but strangely it wasn't playing in the cinemas by her.

So lets hope the plummer doesn't take forever to show up. It supposedly cold tonight and I'd rather us be home before the temp drops so that I don't have to hear her complain about the cold and find a way to say it's my fault were outside freezing. Cold jokes like that are not funny...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It s nice to have my 920 finally updated. It was getting a bit disjointed gong from the 8X to the 920, especially when I close apps the new way in the multitasker a lot. I haven't really tried out the camera since then, but improvements are always welcome...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF is still asleep and thus I get to post here. I'm glad she is enjoying her kickboxing classes. She is seeing results - she hasn't lost weight but her size has reduced - and is constantly talking about it. While I'm happy for her, I guess I rather listen to her talk about the gym all the time than work all the time. I guess she likes when I listen because she can go on for stretches and then look at me quizzically as to "why am I not saying anything?" then she will give me the silent treatment for a little while.

I tell you I cannot "win for losing" with her most times. Comes with the territory, I guess...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say, I'm digging the rumors about a mini 1520 from Nokia. The reason why the nano SIM is an issue for me is that even though card adapters have come a long way since the iPhone 4 days, I still rather have all my devices with the same type of SIM card slot. I used to go from my 810 to my G. Nexus alot and the old tape trick while effective was a little nerve wrecking. But if those specs are true, I'd really have to think about it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I just did a baker's dozen worth of consecutive posts without a reply. I should get an award, but BP and Sahib do that all the time, so it taints my achievement. Still, it goes to show you how much posting they do in order to average over 14 posts per day...yikes...😵

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm a bit pissed at work right now. The job offers tuition reimbursement for those in school who can show your studies help improve or are relevant to your work. I'm getting a MSW and I see patients daily who could use a social worker, so you'd think it'd be a slam dunk for me to get it, right?

Wrong. The lady who handles the process is telling me that since I'm getting financial aid, I don't qualify. She even told me that the financial aid is free money I don't have to pay back. I had to reminder here that there is no such thing as "free money" at the post graduate level and I'm paying on the loan I took out for school already.

Now it feels like m cutting through unnecessary red tape. Yes, I understand the hospital has to screen each case differently, but I wished she had just told me the loans would have been an issue. I asked her about that initially, she said no, and now it's a pain in the ***...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. One of the problems with dating someone at your job can be their propensity to talk about work after hours and in some of the weirdest times too. The GF is quite guilty of doing this. I will give her credit as she doesn't talk about work as much as she used to - but she still talks abut it a little too much for me...

Consider it a debriefing. Most women just need to get stuff out and talking is how they do it. Thing is for you to let her know when it's gone beyond simple debriefing. Not easily accomplished.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So I just did a baker's dozen worth of consecutive posts without a reply. I should get an award, but BP and Sahib do that all the time, so it taints my achievement. Still, it goes to show you how much posting they do in order to average over 14 posts per day...yikes...😵

It very hard!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So I'm a bit pissed at work right now. The job offers tuition reimbursement for those in school who can show your studies help improve or are relevant to your work. I'm getting a MSW and I see patients daily who could use a social worker, so you'd think it'd be a slam dunk for me to get it, right?

Wrong. The lady who handles the process is telling me that since I'm getting financial aid, I don't qualify. She even told me that the financial aid is free money I don't have to pay back. I had to reminder here that there is no such thing as "free money" at the post graduate level and I'm paying on the loan I took out for school already.

Now it feels like m cutting through unnecessary red tape. Yes, I understand the hospital has to screen each case differently, but I wished she had just told me the loans would have been an issue. I asked her about that initially, she said no, and now it's a pain in the ***...

Can't stand the red tape such a pain to cut.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I plan to make for the GF today: broiled salmon, roasted asparagus, steamed red peppers and mash potatoes. The broiled salmon technique is one of the favorites I learned and used from this Chef John and his blog. Last time I made it I used apricot preserves the GF had in her house and it gave it a nice flavor...

We do salmon in several ways. Fried is typical but we do baked in tinfoil with usually some Asian flavours. Turns out nicely. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only 'training' I'm currently doing is computer based and I do not enjoy it at all. Worse still is that it's work computer training and it's part of my employee evaluation. :(

I asked for other training as well, it got approved and it's computer based training as well. What makes it even more annoying is that it's for software that I cannot use during the training because there's no test environment. I so don't see the point...

Though I must admit, your situation sucks more than mine. At least I don't have to pay for any of this crap, well except in time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I just did a baker's dozen worth of consecutive posts without a reply. I should get an award, but BP and Sahib do that all the time, so it taints my achievement. Still, it goes to show you how much posting they do in order to average over 14 posts per day...yikes...��

I sometimes end up on the top posters but I can't catch Sahib anymore. However, I do more than just post nonsese here. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Consider it a debriefing. Most women just need to get stuff out and talking is how they do it. Thing is for you to let her know when it's gone beyond simple debriefing. Not easily accomplished.

I do, and I don't mind listening because I know she needs to debrief. The problem comes when I tell her she's,prattled on long enough about work, she needs to change the subject. The she does the whole "I'm not going to talk about it just t prove a point" and gives the "I'm going to ignore you for a little while until I feel a bit better" silence. That's never necessary, but that's the first thing she likes to pull out. So I just go do something whenever she does that.

Its really not necessary, she chooses to use that tactic, so that's that...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We do salmon in several ways. Fried is typical but we do baked in tinfoil with usually some Asian flavours. Turns out nicely. :)

I like that way, but I try not to use it too much. This technique is really nice though - all you do is just season the fish, put the "sauce" on top (you can literally use whatever as the "sauce"), put it on a sheet of tin foil (don't wrap it) with olive oil, put a little olive oil on the sauce to hold it in place and throw it in the broiler until the fish is cooked.

It's one of my go to tricks whenever I need something quick...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do, and I don't mind listening because I know she needs to debrief. The problem comes when I tell her she's,prattled on long enough about work, she needs to change the subject. The she does the whole "I'm not going to talk about it just t prove a point" and gives the "I'm going to ignore you for a little while until I feel a bit better" silence. That's never necessary, but that's the first thing she likes to pull out. So I just go do something whenever she does that.

Its really not necessary, she chooses to use that tactic, so that's that...

Ah, yes. I know that. Sigh. Not sure why women do that... :/

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I think 1080p the maximum for a 5 inch device or near to that size hearing all about the 1820 being 2k it a bit too much, same for SONY there also planning a 2k device as well I also bet Samsung and the other are as well.

Wish they concentrate on battery life the one thing I want to see get dramatically improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs