WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I like that way, but I try not to use it too much. This technique is really nice though - all you do is just season the fish, put the "sauce" on top (you can literally use whatever as the "sauce"), put it on a sheet of tin foil (don't wrap it) with olive oil, put a little olive oil on the sauce to hold it in place and throw it in the broiler until the fish is cooked.

It's one of my go to tricks whenever I need something quick...

Yep, we do that as well. :) I prefer the steam wrap myself though. (which is what I meant to describe above) You get some nice juices in the foil and it creates a nice sauce.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only 'training' I'm currently doing is computer based and I do not enjoy it at all. Worse still is that it's work computer training and it's part of my employee evaluation. :(

I asked for other training as well, it got approved and it's computer based training as well. What makes it even more annoying is that it's for software that I cannot use during the training because there's no test environment. I so don't see the point...

Though I must admit, your situation sucks more than mine. At least I don't have to pay for any of this crap, well except in time.

it is annoying. I mean, I've been at my current job come April for 7 years. I don't ask for anything of them, not even to send me to external trainings because they always like to pull the "we need in clinic" bull****. So to have to jump through all these hoops for tuition reimbursement is just annoying. The truth is that I took out two loans to finance my degree and I still have to work full time because both weren't enough for me to go to school and solely focus on my MSW. And you wonder why people in the middle class and working folks here in the US are drowning in debt while the super rich can afford to wipe their asses with dollar bills and complain that they aren't making enough money in the economy right now...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I must say, I'm digging the rumors about a mini 1520 from Nokia. The reason why the nano SIM is an issue for me is that even though card adapters have come a long way since the iPhone 4 days, I still rather have all my devices with the same type of SIM card slot. I used to go from my 810 to my G. Nexus alot and the old tape trick while effective was a little nerve wrecking. But if those specs are true, I'd really have to think about it...

I hope the 'mini' name is just a code name currently and it comes out with a different model. I think mini just confuses people. I noticed people having a whine over the lack of SD card. I think they need to go beyond the 32GB though. It's time.

If it's true though.

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I think 1080p the maximum for a 5 inch device or near to that size hearing all about the 1820 being 2k it a bit too much, same for SONY there also planning a 2k device as well I also bet Samsung and the other are as well.

Wish they concentrate on battery life the one thing I want to see get dramatically improve.

I don't get what the fuss about 2K is. 4K yes but 1080p is already 96% of the pixels of 2K, it's all just marketing hype.

Battery life isn't going to improve hugely until we come across a better material for batteries really, they're about as good as we can make them at the moment

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope the 'mini' name is just a code name currently and it comes out with a different model. I think mini just confuses people. I noticed people having a whine over the lack of SD card. I think they need to go beyond the 32GB though. It's time.

If it's true though.

if it doesn't have an SD slot but has 32GB internal and a micro SIM, I'll buy it. If it has a nano SIM, I'll pass. Simple as that for me. I like my phones in that 4.3-4.7" size as a daily driver. Anything bigger, I usually pass. I may get a Nexus 5 much later on this year (fall) because it is a Nexus, but otherwise, I like that size for a phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

it is annoying. I mean, I've been at my current job come April for 7 years. I don't ask for anything of them, not even to send me to external trainings because they always like to pull the "we need in clinic" bull****. So to have to jump through all these hoops for tuition reimbursement is just annoying. The truth is that I took out two loans to finance my degree and I still have to work full time because both weren't enough for me to go to school and solely focus on my MSW. And you wonder why people in the middle class and working folks here in the US are drowning in debt while the super rich can afford to wipe their asses with dollar bills and complain that they aren't making enough money in the economy right now...

I lived next to the US for 32 years, it confused me the whole time I lived next to it. It still confuses me now. I think you have to either grow up in the US or have some love affair with it to like being there. I have yet to see the US as it's normally portrayed in all it's slogans. I know lots of people here in the UK and other parts of the world have this 'look at the car crash' fascination with it but I have trouble getting by some of the more troubling aspects of the US. That's not to say other places are significantly better, but they have, shall we say, grown up some?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't get what the fuss about 2K is. 4K yes but 1080p is already 96% of the pixels of 2K, it's all just marketing hype.

Battery life isn't going to improve hugely until we come across a better material for batteries really, they're about as good as we can make them at the moment

I think companies will have something in the works for battery life if they are going to push these stupid resolution in screen tech.

I can see 2k being fine for a 10 inch tablet but not for a 5 inch or lower sized devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I lived next to the US for 32 years, it confused me the whole time I lived next to it. It still confuses me now. I think you have to either grow up in the US or have some love affair with it to like being there. I have yet to see the US as it's normally portrayed in all it's slogans. I know lots of people here in the UK and other parts of the world have this 'look at the car crash' fascination with it but I have trouble getting by some of the more troubling aspects of the US. That's not to say other places are significantly better, but they have, shall we say, grown up some?

The sad truth is that here in the US it is 90% about the income bracket you're in. The more $ you have, is the more flexibility you have to do some things. Now, there is a different between "old money" and "new money" among the rich, but it boils down to having the cash in the first place.

Yup, in some spots I'd agree that the US hasn't grown up yet. I'd also say that people here are very industrious and hard working, mostly because the system keeps you honest - in that if you don't work, no one hands you much help. I learned why that is in my policy class last year. Very interesting stuff...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup, in some spots I'd agree that the US hasn't grown up yet.

The south...

I'd also say that people here are very industrious and hard working, mostly because the system keeps you honest - in that if you don't work, no one hands you much help. I learned why that is in my policy class last year. Very interesting stuff...

Not sure about the 'keeps people honest' thing. Without going into excessive detail what does that mean? I know about the no work/no help thing. I understand that to some extent but nothing is that black and white. That's what bugs me about that kind of thinking.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

It weird Sony put a screen protector on the device however take it off the front Sony logo will go as well because it attach to the screen protector however if you take the back one off the logos will still stay on.

However got a screen protector on anyway.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It weird Sony put a screen protector on the device however take it off the front Sony logo will go as well because it attach to the screen protector however if you take the back one off the logos will still stay on.

However got a screen protector on anyway.

Sony was trying to be helpful with this and they ultimately aren't. I still plan to leave that preinstalled screen protector and put on the other one on it when I get my Z Ultra.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sony was trying to be helpful with this and they ultimately aren't. I still plan to leave that preinstalled screen protector and put on the other one on it when I get my Z Ultra.

Did the same however took the back one off by mistake thinking it was a normal screen protector.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The south...

Not sure about the 'keeps people honest' thing. Without going into excessive detail what does that mean? I know about the no work/no help thing. I understand that to some extent but nothing is that black and white. That's what bugs me about that kind of thinking.

I can send you the title of the main book I used in my policy class that is a nice explanatory read as to why the thinking is what it is, and how it affects people like me who want to make a difference. I can also send you my powerpoint on some of the existing policies here to see why they treat the poor as they do. I posted a video on peonage here in the thread in October of last year that is worth watching (I can repost if you want to) - even Sahib got stuff out of it when he watched it.

The short version is the US south is how it is because it has always been that way, and they cannot and won't "fix" it. A good parallel is northern Italy vs southern Italy, in some areas.

Oh, the system keeps you honest aright in the following perspective: if you don't work incredibly hard for long hours or come up with the means to get what you need to survive, you will starve. It is a system of leverage and leverage the labor of others.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can send you the title of the main book I used in my policy class that is a nice explanatory read as to why the thinking is what it is, and how it affects people like me who want to make a difference. I can also send you my powerpoint on some of the existing policies here to see why they treat the poor as they do. I posted a video on peonage here in the thread in October of last year that is worth watching (I can repost if you want to) - even Sahib got stuff out of it when he watched it.

The powerpoint and video would be good. Not sure I can find it on this thread!

I have some ideas as to why things are the way they are in the US. In some ways I get it, in some ways I find it thoroughly sad. A lot of that has to do with my upbringing. In a very real way I am glad I wasn't born in the USA. I was born close enough to appreciate what I had. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb