WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah the Microsoft, Cisco and compTia only last for three years then you got to retake which I don't mind however I would like something that will last a life time that why I'm going for a degree.

You recert every 3 years to stay current. You still have legacy certs that stay on your transcript if you don't stay current. In a way, a degree is a legacy cert if you don't take classes to stay current in your field.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, but you will still need to stay current in your field. A degree without staying up to date isn't worth much. A younger guy with a more recent degree can be brought in for cheaper.

I'm young use I dont mind doing a degree and I will be doing certs until I can afford a degree.

My friend who alot older than myself who also an It Technician done a degree in business took 3 or 4 years.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I've stated a few times that I don't like SD cards that much. Well I'm proving correct that they are horrible things and should not be in phones anymore. The brand spanking new 1520 is already showing issues with the SD card. People are getting duplicate photos or the SD card isn't working. No word on music yet.

I'm sorry but SD cards need to go. Either they simply don't work with WP or the implementation isn't working. Something is wrong somewhere and it's making WP look like crap.

I never got duplicate pics or songs on my SD card :grin:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The HTC 8X 16GB arrived last night. It is an absolute delight and not to mention in mint condition. So now I am really torn between it and the 810. The 920 I am sorry to say is going to go up for sale even with its fancy DT-910 wireless charger:-(

I wana see :p

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm young use I dont mind doing a degree and I will be doing certs until I can afford a degree.

My friend who alot older than myself who also an It Technician done a degree in business took 3 or 4 years.

What degree are you looking at? Different from the IT field? My sister has a degree in economics, couldn't do a thing with it for years. She decided to get her CPA. She's been working steady ever since. But she does have to recert her CPA every two years to stay current with the tax laws and statutes? A degree is never a bad thing, but depending on the degree you still might need a little more to be a viable career. But at least you can say you have a degree while you are flipping hamburgers.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

@stmav I think he's keen to stick to IT. He's already in the field.

I'll get off my soap box with my unsolicited advice. I'm sure he has a family member already boring him to death with such things.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

What degree are you looking at? Different from the IT field? My sister has a degree in economics, couldn't do a thing with it for years. She decided to get her CPA. She's been working steady ever since. But she does have to recert her CPA every two years to stay current with the tax laws and statutes? A degree is never a bad thing, but depending on the degree you still might need a little more to be a viable career. But at least you can say you have a degree while you are flipping hamburgers.

I'm currently working in IT now as an IT Technician officially for one year now before that I volunteered for two years at my secondary school IT department which the network manager and IT Technician been in IT for 10 or 15 years both working in different areas private, public, telecoms, council etc.

Learned alot from them two and always keep in touch every week or so and always ask for advice about what to do such as certifications etc.

The IT technician advice to get a degree for higher roles and it good to have the network manager said read and learn as many certifications in the field that you want to go into.

However both agreed experience is alot more important.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll get off my soap box with my unsolicited advice. I'm sure he has a family member already boring him to death with such things.

Nope no one bothers be with this so I call up my two previous work colleagues and ask them every so often for advice.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Was going to do a network degree don't know the specific name of it just that it cost alot!

So saving up for the degree however in the mean time I will be doing certs, certs and more certs.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Um, internal memory on a camera would be a lot better and quicker than any card. It would also be more reliable.

it would be faster but most cameras I see require to have some sort of SD cards ..I guess people are already used to using them on a daily basis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234