WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So Nokia WP sales were quite disappointing. The lack of a good flagship device was probably 90% of the issue, the successor to the L920 in other words.

I hope MS pulls something special out for WP8.1 otherwise I don't see things going very far with WP. Yes it's done well and got the apps but such low sales are not very encouraging.

I guess we'll see what happens at Build.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So Nokia WP sales were quite disappointing. The lack of a good flagship device was probably 90% of the issue, the successor to the L920 in other words.

I hope MS pulls something special out for WP8.1 otherwise I don't see things going very far with WP. Yes it's done well and got the apps but such low sales are not very encouraging.

I can give Microsoft some time. I won't buy a new phone for another few months. But I'm interested what the iPhone 6 will bring to the table and what the Galaxy S5 might look like. And I always liked HTC, maybe they will release something great.

But now that I think about it, with this competition Microsoft should really step up their game.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Don't worry don't hurry take it easy
Sunshine sunshine reggae
Let the good vibes get a lot stronger
Give me give me give me just a little smile
That's all I ask of you

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Just opinion. I'm no expert. I'm just going by the general feel I get from users around here. :)

You are probably just as much, if not more, of an expert than some of these so called "experts" that are out there.

And one thing to remember regarding feels. People with issues tend to post more than people with no problems. Plus I am an unabashed Windows homer and do not deny it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You are probably just as much, if not more, of an expert than some of these so called "experts" that are out there.

And one thing to remember regarding feels. People with issues tend to post more than people with no problems. Plus I am an unabashed Windows homer and do not deny it.

That's fine. I believe in choice and that each should choose the phone/OS that suits them. I use Windows because it think it suits me but I'm just as happy to try something else if it doesn't get itself sorted.

I'm also in a bit of a mood because I had to wipe my phone clean and start again. That and I couldn't download my apps from backup because I don't have WiFi at work. Add in the fact that I still don't have Black and I guess I'm a tad grumpy.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

That's fine. I believe in choice and that each should choose the phone/OS that suits them. I use Windows because it think it suits me but I'm just as happy to try something else if it doesn't get itself sorted.

I'm also in a bit of a mood because I had to wipe my phone clean and start again. That and I couldn't download my apps from backup because I don't have WiFi at work. Add in the fact that I still don't have Black and I guess I'm a tad grumpy.

I believe in choice as well, to each his own. I just don't want to hear about other things on WPC. I'd go to other boards if I wanted to. :wink:

Wiping a phone and starting again would put anyone in a mood. Unless you're one of those people who like tinkering around. For some reason not having Black doesn't bother me yet. I was more anxious for Amber.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wiping a phone and starting again would put anyone in a mood. Unless you're one of those people who like tinkering around. For some reason not having Black doesn't bother me yet. I was more anxious for Amber.

I don't really like to tinker with my phone or any IT really. When I used to build computers it was all about getting them to work. Any tinkering was due to not having drivers, etc.

I've been having issues for the last two or so days that programs have been crashing and my connectivity has been crap. Today, Nokia Mix Radio decided to crash on startup and suspend the phone. I couldn't get the thing to restart at first so I downloaded NSU. I got the phone to restart. Out of curiousity I started up NSU and it said I had an update so I updated it... Turned out it was Amber still. :/

Thing is, if the phone works better that's all that matters. Nothing irks me more than a phone not working probably. Especially one like WP where you can't do much with it really. However, for those wanting a clean install you can't go past NSU. It was pretty straightforward.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I tinker when I have to, not for enjoyment. Between having to do it for work and people hitting me up for advice all the time, if my personal stuff is running fine, I leave it alone unless there's a problem.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think the coming Atom tablets will be awesome. I think I will get a nice one. I read a German review about the most recent Atom, and it really seems to be great, powering most desktop apps without any issues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans