WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I will even show someone how to use word!

Word can be pretty complicated (for a text program that is). I wrote my master thesis on Word. I think it requires quite some understanding to set correct picture and table cross-references, chapter cross-references, or just a directory that is formatted in the way you want it. Or having 3 different page counts.

Also creating a layout that is resilient to any changes at any point in the file requires at least a little thinking.

On the other hand, as soon as everything is set up the way you want it, it's great to work with Word.

Another boring day why can't there be more issues!

You can have some of my issues.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Word can be pretty complicated (for a text program that is). I wrote my master thesis on Word. I think it requires quite some understanding to set correct picture and table cross-references, chapter cross-references, or just a directory that is formatted in the way you want it. Or having 3 different page counts.

Also creating a layout that is resilient to any changes at any point in the file requires at least a little thinking.

On the other hand, as soon as everything is set up the way you want it, it's great to work with Word.

You can have some of my issues.

Word is easy. Excel is where the fun is. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Word is easy. Excel is where the fun is. :)

I can do some fancy stuff with Excel, it comes somewhat with the territory of natural sciences. Nonetheless, I know that I actually know almost nothing about the possibilities of Excel.

Anyway, I wrote this remark about Word only because Word skills seemed so neglectable how BP was writing about it ;-)

...my spell checker doesn't know neglectable.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Great, the person who was helping me with the purification machine is sick today, so I have to find someone else who knows it. Unfortunately at the moment there's just no one around.

What a terrible start into the day. I adjusted the program in the way I think it should be right, but I don't know... maybe it will explode soon.
I know what song will cheer you up

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I was playing obliteration on operation locker, killing a lot of people and getting a lot of points, when all of a sudden, my internet stops working. Yes, ALL three of my networks stopped working. I tried to fix it, wouldn't work. I called TWC, and they sent a signal through the cable or something, and it is 20% fixed. What's worse is that was my LAST match for the night before bed, and I need to fix this internet before I sleep!
you broketed the internet :p ( yes I know I spelled broke wrong :wink:)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Okay, a colleague helped me find some more tubes somewhere deeply hidden in a cupboard, and another colleague who knows the machine well came to the lab and has time to help me today. Now I guess I have to eat something, then I will be my happy me again.

Brian-Stewie-family-guy-32616237-500-338.gif
something random

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm going on a date now. After such a horrible day it can only be good, can't it?

Have a nice evening everybody. Or morning, or whatever ;-)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think WP fans are much different. Just look at the 1520. Apart from the camera (which is still worse than the one from the 1020) the specs that are just finally catching up, it has nothing new on an OS basis, and it has a big screen. Nonetheless, there are users who think it's the greatest thing ever.
*sigh* you are right BUT glad we aren't that way here in this fourm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb