WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Here is something I posted somewhere else. Just felt like sharing it here.

When life throws lemons at you, don't drink the kool-aid and make lemonade.

Instead, make lemonade using the lemon juice and some common ingredients, use the lemon skin as decorations for some sort of art project, eat the fruit itself, and plant lemon trees to get more lemons.

THAT is how you make the most out of life.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

That's a big lunch. Though not very exciting. :/ Then again, I should talk! LOL! I have a sandwich. :p
I had a large meal of Lumpiang Shanghai and some pansit bihon to go along with it (with a lot of rice, but that's a given), for lunch!

Unfortunately, it's been seven hours since and I haven't eaten anything...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a large meal of Lumpiang Shanghai and some pansit bihon to go along with it (with a lot of rice, but that's a given), for lunch!

Unfortunately, it's been seven hours since and I haven't eaten anything...

So something similar to Chinese Spring Rolls and what appears to be something similar to nasi goreng? Looks good though. :)

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here is something I posted somewhere else. Just felt like sharing it here.

Nice analogy.

I've always like this one myself:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life.

(note not trying to be sexist that's just the saying...)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Nice analogy.

I've always like this one myself:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life.

(note not trying to be sexist that's just the saying...)
A classmate shared this.
This is obviously not mine said:
Light a man a fire, and you'll warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire, and you'll warm him for life!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what I think of that one... :p

There's two ways you can look at that.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, learn a man how to fish, and feed him for a lifetime.

I just bought tickets for a concert at Sunday, To Kill A King, it's a UK band.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what I think of that one... :p

There's two ways you can look at that.
No implications, please.

By the way, English is, by nature, a masculine language, which is why I prefer to communicate in Filipino when I have the chance.

For example, "siya" is not gender-sensitive and can be roughly translated to as "he". (Hey, I told you English is a masculine language)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No implications, please.

By the way, English is, by nature, a masculine language, which is why I prefer to communicate in Filipino when I have the chance.

For example, "siya" is not gender-sensitive and can be roughly translated to as "he". (Hey, I told you English is a masculine language)

English is not masculine specific it just seems that way from a historic point of view. It's the same as any other mixed Latin language with both male and female derivatives.

If you want a gender neutral language you learn to speak Finnish. The only way to know you're speaking about someone male or female is when you describe what they are doing.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

English is not masculine specific it just seems that way from historic point of view. It's the same as any other mixed Latin language with both male and female derivatives.

If you want gender neutral language you learn to speak Finnish. The only way to know you're speaking about someone male or female is when you describe what they are doing.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

English is not masculine specific it just seems that way from a historic point of view. It's the same as any other mixed Latin language with both male and female derivatives.

If you want a gender neutral language you learn to speak Finnish. The only way to know you're speaking about someone male or female is when you describe what they are doing.

English is not masculine specific it just seems that way from historic point of view. It's the same as any other mixed Latin language with both male and female derivatives.

If you want gender neutral language you learn to speak Finnish. The only way to know you're speaking about someone male or female is when you describe what they are doing.
This is either coincidence, or fate.

But, there is no such thing as coincidence...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb