WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It depends on the desktop man. And windows 8 works well with mouse and keyboard, and trackpad too, but the trackpad needs to be a good one, and not a crap one.

The context menus showing up at the bottom of the screen when right clicking is just one example of the insanity. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of it. But they will change it so it's fine.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The context menus showing up at the bottom of the screen when right clicking is just one example of the insanity. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of it. But they will change it so it's fine.

I don't think its dumb ...I really cant think of any other they could put it.....but on my 2 20 in monitors it works well

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh great. Train is running late. That means the buses will be gone at the other end. :/

It's foggy this.morning.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't think its dumb ...I really cant think of any other they could put it.....but on my 2 20 in monitors it works well

They could do it like it was done on every OS since 30 years or so. By having a context menu. There's even a dedicated button on the standard Windows keyboard layout for it. If you change something basic like that, better make sure it's better afterwards.

I don't say the solution is bad on a tablet, then it's great, but for a mouse user it's just terrible.

But again, Microsoft has come to its senses and agrees, they want to change it. Context menu when using a mouse, the bottom screen solution for touch devices.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

@unstoppablekem:

Thanks for the link!! Not sure how these awards are dolled out- can't be by post count, B.P. and Sahib are 2/3 of the traffic on WPC- but it is kinda cool. I can go tell my wife I have been awarded a shout out, and get the special parking spot in front of WPCHQ, which is right next door to the Justice League offices.

And congrats to you!! Being the ambassador of the month HAS to carry some serious juice with it. Like, you get to pick the music that gets played in the WPCHQ elevators.

You truly deserve it, buddy.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

They could do it like it was done on every OS since 30 years or so. By having a context menu. There's even a dedicated button on the standard Windows keyboard layout for it. If you change something basic like that, better make sure it's better afterwards.

I don't say the solution is bad on a tablet, then it's great, but for a mouse user it's just terrible.

But again, Microsoft has come to its senses and agrees, they want to change it. Context menu when using a mouse, the bottom screen solution for touch devices.

While those of us who like W8 may defend it, sales show Windows 7 users just weren't ready for such a radical change. And it was a silly decision. Moving to a tile format was fine, but laptops/PCs are not mobile devices. And the sales of Laptop/PC's still far, FAR outsell tablets. Like, to the tune of 5-1 almost in 2013. Keeping Windows 8 mouse friendly was so important.

I am glad they are backtracking a little. Get more people to use Windows 8, get them used to it. That is vital to the ecosystem they are trying to build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb