WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wish I would've gotten an HP Touchpad during the fire sale. I know a guy in a local Linux User Group who has one. I played with it at one of meetings, and it was nice for the price.

I wish i knew about the damn things when they were on firesale in Australia!

My parents most likely wouldn't have been able to afford it back then though. Oh well. :)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad that SONY getting rid of there computer division been making a loss for a long time now they can concrete on there other excellent products!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad that SONY getting rid of there computer division been making a loss for a long time now they can concrete on there other excellent products!

I'm a little mixed, i actually liked their laptops.

Then again i like their phones more, then again, who wouldn't? :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

One of my friends had a Sony Vaio laptop that died only a month after the warranty expired. I never considered Sony Vaio after that happened.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One of my friends had a Sony Vaio laptop that died only a month after the warranty expired. I never considered Sony Vaio after that happened.

My wife likes Vaios I personally hate them. Too expensive and the support is horrible. I don't want to ever buy one again either. Probably can't :p I'm thinking Asus from here on in. Just need to find one that has some style, for an older person. :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

My wife likes Vaios I personally hate them. Too expensive and the support is horrible. I don't want to ever buy one again either. Probably can't :p I'm thinking Asus from here on in. Just need to find one that has some style, for an older person. :p
I got a new ASUS back in November 2013. I love it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

They have very bad build quality look nice however bad build quality still bad for a laptop or computer.

I wouldn't there touch any of there computer or laptop.

So im glad there getting rid of that section and the bad press it has as well.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

ASUS, Lenovo or HP would do it for me. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

They have very bad build quality look nice however bad build quality still bad for a laptop or computer.

I wouldn't there touch any of there computer or laptop.

So in glad there getting rid of that section and the bad press it has as well.

Well, i guess after hearing all of the bad things people had to say about them, i guess it was a good thing they were being sold off. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I guess anybody who looks at my signature now will say "talk about some rich *******"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

ASUS, Lenovo or HP would do it for me. :)

I've had a bad experience with what should have been a high end HP laptop. I don't trust their hardware and I hate their bloatware. So I'm now thinking Asus or Lenovo for future. Not sure which.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've had a bad experience with what should have been a high end HP laptop. I don't trust their hardware and I hate their bloatware. So I'm now thinking Asus or Lenovo for future. Not sure which.
I had an HP laptop previously. It lasted 5 1/2 years. However, I also have a Toshiba laptop that is 9 years old and still works; it runs Linux now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had an HP laptop previously. It lasted 5 1/2 years. However, I also have a Toshiba laptop that is 9 years old and still works; it runs Linux now.

I was after a lightweight laptop which didn't cost a fortune so bought an HP Envy. The screen bezel cracked in less than a year due to the hinge becoming stuck. On top of that, now I have constant issues with my WiFi. I can't tell if it's software or hardware related but it annoys me to no end. The laptop is now out of warranty so I'm just going to use it until it either dies or I get tired of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel