WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fastest hardware + Android = the same old thing with every Android flagship.

One of these days, an Android maker will get it. There will be a very simple UI, and one of the first things they will do is put app management front and center so the casual user will learn how to keep background tasks down to a low roar as they use their phone. Then, they will work out updates with carriers that allow them to be timely, and maybe even in smaller increments to ensure they donot bog down the user experience. These three thing are almost always the culprits to why an Android phone starts to perform so much worse over time.

It has gotten better from the Froyo and Gingerbread days.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
One of these days, an Android maker will get it. There will be a very simple UI, and one of the first things they will do is put app management front and center so the casual user will learn how to keep background tasks down to a low roar as they use their phone. Then, they will work out updates with carriers that allow them to be timely, and maybe even in smaller increments to ensure they donot bog down the user experience. These three thing are almost always the culprits to why an Android phone starts to perform so much worse over time.

It has gotten better from the Froyo and Gingerbread days.

SONY already accomplished this with there devices.

Specially with the Z1.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

SONY already accomplished this with there devices.

Specially with the Z1.

Doesn’t ship with the latest version of Android, but does include bloatware

The only area where Sony still has catching up to do is the software. Not shipping the latest version of Android from the start of a phone’s life isn’t an encouraging sign for support in the future, while the company’s insistence on promoting its content ecosystem is off-putting and unnecessary.

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact review: when smaller is better | The Verge

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm having a crap day today. I have a stupid program that keeps crashing on me and I really need to use it. There's an older version but it's horrible to use. :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have to say there ecosystem alot better than google offer.

And not having 4.4 now just been SONY is optimising the software for the device I rather wait and have the software optimised for the device than have the latest straight away and have issues.

They need hiring more engineers.

I think I'd buy most likely a stock Android phone like a Nexus. Or a phone on which I can flash the stock software.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a crap day today. I have a stupid program that keeps crashing on me and I really need to use it. There's an older version but it's horrible to use. :/

I swear, buddy, I just lost an entire months worth of bookwork I entered on the computer. I know I saved it- I ALWAYS save it. Just gone. Poof. Good-bye. Now I have to explain it to my boss why I do not have the end of month efficiencies for our boilers. When I really can't explain it.

Computers.... tech.... they sure make life easier, huh?

Except when they don't.

You have my sympathy. Feel free to "drop" your computer. I didn't see a thing.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I think I'd buy most likely a stock Android phone like a Nexus. Or a phone on which I can flash the stock software.

If I got an Android, I would want a Nexus or one of the "Google Play" editions. Or one of the manufacturers with a very light UI. (Maybe Motorola.) Makes all the difference in the world. I hate UI's, even if they add a little to the device. Over time, they just add to bogging down the phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I swear, buddy, I just lost an entire months worth of bookwork I entered on the computer. I know I saved it- I ALWAYS save it. Just gone. Poof. Good-bye. Now I have to explain it to my boss why I do not have the end of month efficiencies for our boilers. When I really can't explain it.

Computers.... tech.... they sure make life easier, huh?

Except when they don't.

You have my sympathy. Feel free to "drop" your computer. I didn't see a thing.

This isn't the computer's fault per say. I'm using a beta software supplied by one of our vendors. I'm test driving it. I been abusing it in a sense. :p

I installed the latest beta and it just seems to corrupt the project I'm working on and crashes when I try do a certain thing. So I have to start all over again. I'm my fourth time...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You can on a Sony device.

I don't really like Sony, I wouldn't buy a Sony device, except if it was so much better than the competition. I'd rather buy a PS4 than a Xbox One, but that's the only thing I think Sony has that big of an advantage.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well I can see you are all in a Sony / andriod / throwing RUE's computers out the windows talking mood in this rainy morning :-o

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well I can see you are all in a Sony / andriod / throwing RUE's computers out the windows talking mood in this rainy morning :-o

It's not raining here. I just pulled a...

Just looked up if prank is written with a b or a p. There's a word with b, but the meaning is slightly different.

I just pulled a prank on a coworker, and I don't think she found it very funny. But it was harmless, sometimes I'm just like a little child...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is raining here and my computer does deserve to be thrown out the window. However, I can care less as my work day is almost done and I'm about to start my weekend. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05