WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes I see a resemblance which is why I'm tired of it. I was hoping with a newer OS we might get some better traction but that hasn't happened. There just doesn't seem to be any excitement to WP for developers and though there are users who are completely ecstatic I still don't see many WP in the wild.

I only see either 920s or very low-end devices. And this also very rarely.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, this could be because there are just no options. There is no new high-end hardware except the 1520, and the 1520 is a niche product. I think that's very sad for Windows Phone. No new hardware, no new software.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, this could be because there are just no options. There is no new high-end hardware except the 1520, and the 1520 is a niche product. I think that's very sad for Windows Phone. No new hardware, no new software.

Last year was, in my opinion, a pretty dismal year for WP. It only released rehashes of the same device and a couple of niche devices. No new flagships and not bringing out a updated OS (aside from the tweaks) didn't help at all. I guess we'll see what happens with WP8.1. The pressure is on though. I think a lot of people are ready to abandon WP if they don't come out big.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Last year was, in my opinion, a pretty dismal year for WP. It only released rehashes of the same device and a couple of niche devices. No new flagships and not bringing out a updated OS (aside from the tweaks) didn't help at all. I guess we'll see what happens with WP8.1. The pressure is on though. I think a lot of people are ready to abandon WP if they don't come out big.

After years and years of Windows Mobile and Windows Phone, I am definitely ready to switch if there's nothing awesome until autumn.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So what did I miss around these parts? Did the kids run amok and ruined the furniture on the house again?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So what did I miss around these parts? Did the kids run amok and ruined the furniture on the house again?

Did you read what I wrote about me pulling a mini-MSFTisMIA? I got back together with the woman I was dating, after all it worked out for you ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You're more than welcome to go glancing back at 100s of pages of Sahib, Unstoppablekem and Nadia running amok. Most of them consisting of Nadia calling Sahib a crybaby. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Did you read what I wrote about me pulling a mini-MSFTisMIA? I got back together with the woman I was dating, after all it worked out for you ;-)

I missed that, but then it's easy to miss things in the chaos...

Congrats???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In other news, there's an article in the Guardian UK website in their technology section written by their resident iFan saying that the new MS CEO should dump WP. Expect this piece of work to be at the launch of WP8.1 and asking dumb questions like he did at the other launches.

Note, I'm not linking to his crap article.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, cool. I'm hopeful things work out for you the second time around. 😊

I haven't read anything since I got back last night, and with the amount of traffic I'm sure we got here, I may leave it unread.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're more than welcome to go glancing back at 100s of pages of Sahib, Unstoppablekem and Nadia running amok. Most of them consisting of Nadia calling Sahib a crybaby. :p

Ah. Did not miss that at all. Lol. I've got a treat that I will post when I get home.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh, cool. I'm hopeful things work out for you the second time around. ��

I haven't read anything since I got back last night, and with the amount of traffic I'm sure we got here, I may leave it unread.

Probably best. LOL!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well I just used my lunch break to catch up on this thread. I feel cheated. :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss