WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This is when DND mode on my iPad helps, because as much as you guys rock, I can't be distracted right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good ...less XP in the world means tech can advance !

You do realise that there's people on Win 95 and Win 98? I've actually had people tell me that 95 was the best OS that MS ever made.

Maybe we'll see some people evolve but I highly doubt it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I still prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8. And most people do, as the slow reversal of Windows 8 to Windows 7 shows.

Thats good and all but MSFT can't have it both .....they either innovate and handle the criticism about change or get criticized for not innovating. People want change but when they get that change they dont want it. And I think that is where MSFT it at now

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You do realise that there's people on Win 95 and Win 98? I've actually had people tell me that 95 was the best OS that MS ever made.

Maybe we'll see some people evolve but I highly doubt it.
I didn't know that ..... I thought 95 and 98 was dead ..... I would at least they would move to 7

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thats good and all but MSFT can't have it both .....they either innovate and handle the criticism about change or get criticized for not innovating. People want change but when they get that change they dont want it. And I think that is where MSFT it at now

I think most people just want a productive OS. Why change something that worked for years? Nobody ever attempted this, even Mac OS looks the same since the beginning of time, maybe a little shinier.

My opinion stays the same: If you change something fundamentally, you better do it right.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I think most people just want a productive OS. Why change something that worked for years? Nobody ever attempted this, even Mac OS looks the same since the beginning of time, maybe a little shinier.

My opinion stays the same: If you change something fundamentally, you better do it right.
I'm not out to change your mind :p but I do think MSFT did do the right call to make windows 8 because its better in the sence its up to date with the mew kerns but also it did get companies to change their design language to more flatter looking GUI. you can say that windows 8 is the OS that is needed (for change) but not the one that is wanted ;)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I just finally got rid of some computers running Win2K at one of the companies I support. They are also looking into trying Win8 and bought 2 new laptops. One for me to beat on and another for one of the managers. I have to say from an IT standpoint, I'm very pleased so far. I was able to join the domain through VPN easier and quicker than with Win7 laptops I configured not long ago. Also setting it up as a work connection and turning on domain sharing, again saw everything and mapped quicker than the Win7. For the manager, I set him up to boot to desktop and put everything he needs on the taskbar. I did the same for mine but also started creating tiles on the metro. So far everything has launched flawlessly. From SQL managing studio, custom vendor SQL program, my administrative tools and all Office programs. I've been on a Win7 laptop for almost 5 years and it's been a seamless transition to the new one at this point. I know it's a matter of personal preference as to what people want to run. But workwise for me, I'm not missing a beat so far. Will find out more over the next couple of weeks as I put it through my daily paces.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I hope WP8.1 adds DND mode, because it is a small, but helpful feature on iOS. And no, silent mode isn't the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well if I read the article right .... there will be a file manager ......great ...just great ....I can already see threads saying "help I lost a file" or "help I deleted a file and now my phone wont turn on " or help I downloaded something do I have a virus " or how to use a File manager to install cracked apps " or how to root your phone " I see nothing good coming out of this

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just finally got rid of some computers running Win2K at one of the companies I support. They are also looking into trying Win8 and bought 2 new laptops. One for me to beat on and another for one of the managers. I have to say from an IT standpoint, I'm very pleased so far. I was able to join the domain through VPN easier and quicker than with Win7 laptops I configured not long ago. Also setting it up as a work connection and turning on domain sharing, again saw everything and mapped quicker than the Win7. For the manager, I set him up to boot to desktop and put everything he needs on the taskbar. I did the same for mine but also started creating tiles on the metro. So far everything has launched flawlessly. From SQL managing studio, custom vendor SQL program, my administrative tools and all Office programs. I've been on a Win7 laptop for almost 5 years and it's been a seamless transition to the new one at this point. I know it's a matter of personal preference as to what people want to run. But workwise for me, I'm not missing a beat so far. Will find out more over the next couple of weeks as I put it through my daily paces.

I'm sure Windows 8 is an improvement over Windows 7 from a technical point of view. I'm always referring to the interface that feels like a not thought-out new layout put on top of Windows 7.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well if I read the article right .... there will be a file manager ......great ...just great ....I can already see threads saying "help I lost a file" or "help I deleted a file and now my phone wont turn on " or help I downloaded something do I have a virus " or how to use a File manager to install cracked apps " or how to root your phone " I see nothing good coming out of this

I don't think it will be that open. I think the 'file manager' will be OneDrive deeply integrated so you an access certain folders but that will be all. At least that's my thinking.

It will hopefully end some of those 'missing file' threads we have now. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure Windows 8 is an improvement over Windows 7 from a technical point of view. I'm always referring to the interface that feels like a not thought-out new layout put on top of Windows 7.

It could use work but the way its turning out to be ....its worse than before :\ I just want improvement in win 8....not change it to be more like 7 but with a name of 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre