WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It could use work but the way its turning out to be ....its worse than before :\ I just want improvement in win 8....not change it to be more like 7 but with a name of 8

It's always about preferences.

Being more touch friendly on touch enabled devices, being more mouse friendly on standard devices seems like something that should have been implemented since the Windows 8 was released.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure Windows 8 is an improvement over Windows 7 from a technical point of view. I'm always referring to the interface that feels like a not thought-out new layout put on top of Windows 7.

Biggest mistake MS made was doing the step by step approach. People don't like that. Make it a fully integrated feel or don't bother.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it will be that open. I think the 'file manager' will be OneDrive deeply integrated so you an access certain folders but that will be all. At least that's my thinking.

It will hopefully end some of those 'missing file' threads we have now. :p

If we know MSFT, they crack under pressure ... and give in and give what the minority wants .....I have a feeling it will be just that .... something like I described ..... but it will end all those threads of file manager :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If we know MSFT, they crack under pressure ... and give in and give what the minority wants .....I have a feeling it will be just that .... something like I described ..... but it will end all those threads of file manager :D

A fully fledge file manager will never come to WP. Goes totally against their protocol.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure Windows 8 is an improvement over Windows 7 from a technical point of view. I'm always referring to the interface that feels like a not thought-out new layout put on top of Windows 7.

I hear you. There are many who don't like the interface. I personally like it, but thought that it was best used and made for touch screen. Sure you can learn mouse tricks and keys to do it on a keyboard. And once you learn them you can cruise around pretty good. But let's face it, not many want to do that. I do think that you can boot to desktop and make the experience pretty close to 7 is a nice compromise. And you can play with the tiles if you choose to, or just stay away from it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's always about preferences.

Being more touch friendly on touch enabled devices, being more mouse friendly on standard devices seems like something that should have been implemented since the Windows 8 was released.

But I don't get that argument ..... I never did use a touch device before 8 and even after... until I got my iPod I used touch .I didn't like 8 but after I used it, it was better and made sense. I think its people hate to learn something new :/

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I hope WP8.1 adds DND mode, because it is a small, but helpful feature on iOS. And no, silent mode isn't the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or you could not play with your phone or tablet while you are in school. :winktongue:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

A fully fledge file manager will never come to WP. Goes totally against their protocol.

I hope not. But one of things I loved about winphone 8 was a lack of a file manager but now that is out the window. I will have to adapt or change to an iPhone or something

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hear you. There are many who don't like the interface. I personally like it, but thought that it was best used and made for touch screen. Sure you can learn mouse tricks and keys to do it on a keyboard. And once you learn them you can cruise around pretty good. But let's face it, not many want to do that. I do think that you can boot to desktop and make the experience pretty close to 7 is a nice compromise. And you can play with the tiles if you choose to, or just stay away from it.

I'm personally waiting to see what Update 1 brings. I like the idea of being able to pin apps to the status bar. I think what most people dislike about the W8 experience is the jarring between what feels like two different OSs or interfaces. They needed to do one of two things. Either bring metro interface into the desktop in a better way or make metro the main interface and no desktop needed. Still have access to desktop when necessary but make it not necessary. There are ways they could have accomplished either direction.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But I don't get that argument ..... I never did use a touch device before 8 and even after... until I got my iPod I used touch .I didn't like 8 but after I used it, it was better and made sense. I think its people hate to learn something new :/

Again, the 'file manager' will just be a better OneDrive integration. I hope people are thinking differently because they'll be sorely disappointed.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I hope my... It is not that I dislike Windows 8, I just prefer Windows 7 any time.

But I hope this isn't based on my incapability to learn new stuff ;-)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm personally waiting to see what Update 1 brings. I like the idea of being able to pin apps to the status bar. I think what most people dislike about the W8 experience is the jarring between what feels like two different OSs or interfaces. They needed to do one of two things. Either bring metro interface into the desktop in a better way or make metro the main interface and no desktop needed. Still have access to desktop when necessary but make it not necessary. There are ways they could have accomplished either direction.

Very true. It's a learning experience. No matter how much testing and focus groups, you don't know what you have until it hits the public. Update 1 will be an indication of how much they have listened and learned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte