WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The one thing I hate with this weather is knuckeheads who don't scrape their cars off, driving around with these thick piles of snow on the hood and top of the vehicle. You hit the brakes suddenly with that and you have a flying hazard...

I think if there was one aspect of snow that would probably rank #1. I've been driving some times where some moron had only cleand the driver side of the windshield and a spot on the back window. I'm not a mean person but I kept wondering when they were going to run into someone or something.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to say, I don't miss the snow. Even when I was in Canada of Christmas that little bit of exposure was enough for the next year or so. :p

The UK weather is interesting to say the least. I could have rain all day where I'm working and it could be sunny where I live. That's only a difference of 7 miles. Being is this weird spot with different air currents makes for some interesting weather.

Interesting stuff indeed. So NJ transit is understandably ****ed up this morning, because they cannot run the trains as closely as they always do during rush hour. Some trains are cancelled, others are being held. Guess I'll get to work, when I get to work...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Guess I'll get to work, when I get to work...

That's how I always viewed getting into work in weather like that. Of course there were always people who got in on time like nothing happened. I'm not exactly the most proactive person in the monring...

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I think if there was one aspect of snow that would probably rank #1. I've been driving some times where some moron had only cleand the driver side of the windshield and a spot on the back window. I'm not a mean person but I kept wondering when they were going to run into someone or something.

Due to their laziness they put their life as well as the lives of others in danger.:unhappy:

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

At least there's software to fix that now. :) I sent my phone in for 10 days to get 'fixed'. This was a month after getting it.

Yes I know. Last lime I did my phone got stuck at the gear wheel and had to give it for more than 1 month. Nokia Services are slow here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's how I always viewed getting into work in weather like that. Of course there were always people who got in on time like nothing happened. I'm not exactly the most proactive person in the monring...

It isn't about being proactive in cases like this. Trains were running 30-45mins late. And of course, there is a disabled train...so I had to switch trains and it will be a real zoo at the next stop...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It isn't about being proactive in cases like this. Trains were running 30-45mins late. And of course, there is a disabled train...so I had to switch trains and it will be a real zoo at the next stop...

Sounds like my train when things go wrong. Or London when the Tube went on strike. That was something.

I was also referring to people who drive in. I was never good at getting up early to scape the car off. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Due to their laziness they put their life as well as the lives of others in danger.:unhappy:

I wish there was system where you take a picture of the car and its license plate and the cops mail them a ticket with a killer fine. Damn dangerous laziness. If i got hit by that flying snow, I'd beat them up (if male) or break a windshield (if female).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like my train when things go wrong. Or London when the Tube went on strike. That was something.

I was also referring to people who drive in. I was never good at getting up early to scape the car off. :p

Oh oh. Gotta scrape that car off or you may run into a rough and tumble pedestrian like me...lol...

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I wish there was system where you take a picture of the car and its license plate and the cops mail them a ticket with a killer fine. Damn dangerous laziness. If i got hit by that flying snow, I'd beat them up (if male) or break a windshield (if female).

I guess there are camera in UK but whether they fine them or not I don't know.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh oh. Gotta scrape that car off or you may run into a rough and tumble pedestrian like me...lol...

I always do my best to ensure my car was as clean as possible when I scraped ice and snow off it. It's not always easy to get everything but I did my best.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess there are camera in UK but whether they fine them or not I don't know.

Well we don't get snow that often where I am, even in Scotland it's not that fequent. It's mostly in the mountains and high areas. We do have red light cameras and stationary speed cameras.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Most of us on here are WP fans to some extent. On the WP8.1 forum (what a crazy idea at this stage) there's a thread with people begging for a background image option on the Start screen and apps list area. Now, I can care less if people want to do that and waste their battery power so as long as I can turn the option off I'm happy. What are your thoughts? I think it looks silly but that's my opinion.

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Most of us on here are WP fans to some extent. On the WP8.1 forum (what a crazy idea at this stage) there's a thread with people begging for a background image option on the Start screen and apps list area. Now, I can care less if people want to do that and waste their battery power so as long as I can turn the option off I'm happy. What are your thoughts? I think it looks silly but that's my opinion.

I also think the present UI is great no need of background image. I mean what is the point? We already get to choose a lock screen. Why waste battery? Also heard whatsapp will have the feature of selecting background image. I wont use it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I would like to choice a background image myself but more for selecting my own different colours and patterns.

Pictures however I don't see the point unless it like Windows 8 metro however there space to do so not so much on WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb