WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nadia I read some of the thread over the weekend. I was a bit busy so didn't say anything.

You were talking about your college in India and the issues you had there and so on.

I don't know if you know this, but in places like USA, Canada, UK and Australia there is a 'mature' student enrollment age of 21 for most colleges and universities. So even though you don't have access to your records in India you can still enroll in these countries once you're 21 if that was an option. You'd have to check with the university to see what other requirements may be needed (like you may need to do a test or something). You're being an international student however weighs heavily in your favour.

As for going to a specific place. Out of the countries I mentioned I would suggest either Toronto or the UK as possible options. Mainly because your less likely encounter discrimination in both those places in my opinion. I'm not just saying that because I'm Canadian and living in the UK. :p

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
+1
Canada - a lot of beautiful places to see! Nature is awesome in there! :p My grandpa was living in Montreal since 1979, he really loved this city and country. Sadly, he passed away in 2013.

Last edited:

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

+1
Canada - a lot of beautiful places to see! Nature is awesome in there! :p My grandpa was leaving in Montreal since 1979, he really loved this city and country. Sadly, he passed away in 2013.

sorry for your grandpa. Montreal really is a cool place

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Nadia I read some of the thread over the weekend. I was a bit busy so didn't say anything.

You were talking about your college in India and the issues you had there and so on.

I don't know if you know this, but in places like USA, Canada, UK and Australia there is a 'mature' student enrollment age of 21 for most colleges and universities. So even though you don't have access to your records in India you can still enroll in these countries once you're 21 if that was an option. You'd have to check with the university to see what other requirements may be needed (like you may need to do a test or something). You're being an international student however weighs heavily in your favour.

As for going to a specific place. Out of the countries I mentioned I would suggest either Toronto or the UK as possible options. Mainly because your less likely encounter discrimination in both those places in my opinion. I'm not just saying that because I'm Canadian and living in the UK. :p

nadia has gone through some bad times hoping she gets a good college someplace great.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Wow!! Glad to hear about it....i just have to wait for me to turn 21 then....I'll check with the universities when my health gets better :D thanks loads by the way :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow!! Glad to hear about it....i just have to wait for me to turn 21 then....I'll check with the universities when my health gets better :D thanks loads by the way :)

To give a general idea of requirements for Canada - https://admission.uoguelph.ca/template.aspx?SiteID=7d72f841-2381-41cf-92fa-f26883e51d01

This is specific to this university but is common enough. Keep in mind you need to apply for a visa (there's requirements for that as well but I get the feeling it's not an issue).

I'm expecting most universities in any of the countries I mentioned will be similar. Best thing to do is figure out which one you want to go to and contact them directly. They'll giver you the information you need.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

+1
Canada - a lot of beautiful places to see! Nature is awesome in there! :p My grandpa was leaving in Montreal since 1979, he really loved this city and country. Sadly, he passed away in 2013.

Montreal is a beautiful city. My wife and I really enjoyed it when we went before we were married. Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750