WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The irony of WP. In the L920 forum there's a Sticky for posting your L920 pictures. In the same forum there is a very long thread of people complaining about the L920 pictures they have. Some have gone back to Portico to 'fix' the problem. Scary.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I just had an epiphany. When one is young we struggle with the idea of being unique, different and somewhat of an oddball. When we get older we realise that we're all the same just that some people hide their being an odd ball differently.

You might not realise it, you're just like everyone else. We all run from ourselves, hide from life from time to time. It's only natural.

It is one of the reasons why I work with young people and really like to see them grow and strive. Once they learn to take full ownership of themselves, their potential is often limitless. The problem is that in society today, there is so much noise that is drowning them out and causing them to not go through the process of true self discovery in q healthy way, often creating a lot of unnecessary and harmful baggage that they have to deal with.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The irony of WP. In the L920 forum there's a Sticky for posting your L920 pictures. In the same forum there is a very long thread of people complaining about the L920 pictures they have. Some have gone back to Portico to 'fix' the problem. Scary.

First world problems, that's all that kvetching is anyways...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm trying to score a 925 on my way to work. If this works out, I'll send my dad my 920. If it doesn't, I'll send him the t-mobile 925 I bought last week.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

First world problems, that's all that kvetching is anyways...

You need to see it for yourself. I think a lot of it stems from this overwhelming promise of perfect pictures from Nokia. Yeah, it's first world problems but the way they go off you'd swear they bought a ?1000 camera or something.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is one of the reasons why I work with young people and really like to see them grow and strive. Once they learn to take full ownership of themselves, their potential is often limitless. The problem is that in society today, there is so much noise that is drowning them out and causing them to not go through the process of true self discovery in q healthy way, often creating a lot of unnecessary and harmful baggage that they have to deal with.

Yeah, my wife when she worked with young people said the same. Of course, there was always that disappointment that happened when you couldn't help.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, my wife when she worked with young people said the same. Of course, there was always that disappointment that happened when you couldn't help.

Yup, that disappointment comes with the territory. Still, I've gotten to a point where I know you cannot help everyone. So I do what I can as best as I can and leave it up to the young person.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup, that disappointment comes with the territory. Still, I've gotten to a point where I know you cannot help everyone. So I do what I can as best as I can and leave it up to the young person.

My wife is the same. She doesn't work with young people anymore but it's the same, whether young or older. You can only help those who want it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You need to see it for yourself. I think a lot of it stems from this overwhelming promise of perfect pictures from Nokia. Yeah, it's first world problems but the way the go off you'd swear they bought a ?1000 camera or something.

Well, they got suckered. No camera phone takes perfect pictures. There are a ton of iPhone users who will tell you that. Did Nokia stretch things a little bit about the perfect pictures? Yes. But that's why there are updates and tweaks to software and ultimately new hardware.

It is still a first world problem because even though people work hard for their money, they expect it to be that one difference making element because it is theirs always move the world. It's no different than the knucklehead who holds up the train by squeezing on board while the doors are closing at the last second...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, they got suckered. No camera phone takes perfect pictures. There are a ton of iPhone users who will tell you that. Did Nokia stretch things a little bit about the perfect pictures? Yes. But that's why there are updates and tweaks to software and ultimately new hardware.

It is still a first world problem because even though people work hard for their money, they expect it to be that one difference making element because it is theirs always move the world. It's no different than the knucklehead who holds up the train by squeezing on board while the doors are closing at the last second...

Yeah that happens all the time when it's busy on the Tube. On the train I take they close the doors 30 sec before the train leaves. Too bad if you're late. :p

Last thing with the camera. They're claiming the latest updates are the issues. :p That's the kicker. If you tell them your pictures are fine they want proof. It's hysterical. I'm quite happy with my pics. I don't expect perfection.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that happens all the time when it's busy on the Tube. On the train I take they close the doors 30 sec before the train leaves. Too bad if you're late. :p

Last thing with the camera. They're claiming the latest updates are the issues. :p That's the kicker. If you tell them your pictures are fine they want proof. It's hysterical. I'm quite happy with my pics. I don't expect perfection.

I actually think the 920's camera has gotten better with the updates. It was pretty good before, but considering it is a 16 month old phone running what android folks would call late 2011/early 2012 specs, it runs damn good. That's why I don't mind giving it to my dad because I know he'll maximize it.

There's nothing perfect about technology. When it works, we don't give credit where credit is due: when if fails, we blame everything and everybody. That's where we are now as a people...rolling in a ton of entitlement.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My wife is the same. She doesn't work with young people anymore but it's the same, whether young or older. You can only help those who want it.

Yup, that's why I like motivational interviewing so much. You see where people are in their states of change and build on it accordingly.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

And the thing about some people I've seen including myself of course is that we love to whine about stuff....we just forget that they are human beings too and that they are not perfect either....we just keep on expecting 100% from each and every small thing

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And the thing about some people I've seen including myself of course is that we love to whine about stuff....we just forget that they are human beings too and that they are not perfect either....we just keep on expecting 100% from each and every small thing

Having a good 'whinge' is a good way of relieving stress. I don't see that changing any time soon. :p People have complained about things for generations. It's just the way humans are. Some cultures are more prone to 'complaining' while others are more 'ignore' and move on. Australia is more the 'ignore' and move on type which is not necessarily a good thing either.

When it comes to anything with money we always want the best for what we can afford. Problem is manufactured goods are not made to last on purpose. That's the reality. If they were they'd cost a lot more money.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Having a good 'whinge' is a good way of relieving stress. I don't see that changing any time soon. :p People have complained about things for generations. It's just the way humans are. Some cultures are more prone to 'complaining' while others are more 'ignore' and move on. Australia is more the 'ignore' and move on type which is not necessarily a good thing either.

When it comes to anything with money we always want the best for what we can afford. Problem is manufactured goods are not made to last on purpose. That's the reality. If they were they'd cost a lot more money.
It's like a competition to be at the top by hook by crook and we can't deny the fact that we are the ones who contribute to their success....and end up complaining....and they'll just release another product....later on we'll buy and complain eventually....it's like a cycle....goes on repeating!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Telekinesis exists or not??? I'm confused! I was just watching castle....and i was like :O

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When i was a kid and watched the movie matilda....i so wanted to be like her lol

As child I had dreams of wanting things differently as well. I think it's natural. I don't recall ever seeing Matilda. It's still a West End show here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077