WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

@kem, I'll clear up last night's flap this way. I'm cool with you. I have no problem with people stating their opinions. I ask that for me, don't use any qualifiers like "Don't take this the wrong way". It has been proven ad nauseum that when you use qualifiers, you get the person to look at the situation in the exact way you don't want them to. I don't care how you want to debate that point, but you won't win, as that's a stone cold fact. So simply put, you did drop an insult last night, making everything your said after that qualifier in your initial post an insult. I know you didn't mean it, but when I read it I was like: "why put that qualifier in"? Other people here in the thread have said stronger stuff and not has this kind of flap to it.

You got called out on it twice, and as long as with me you just say your opinions without qualifiers, it is a done deal for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to write: "Now I want a 1520 motherboard in my 8X. Might prove to be harder."

Then I realized that the better hardware is just good for nothing on WP ;-)

I had been studying the motherboard pictures of both the 822 and the 810 for a while. I finally found a 810 body and had a spare 822 board and decided to try the experiment :) 1520 in an HTC 8X is a pretty far stretch :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

1520 vs Z ultra, from MIA's take. Both very good but for different needs.

1520 has the better camera, better mapping solution and better integration if you're already into MSFT stuff
Z ultra is lighter, waterproof, has the bigger screen, cheaper

The guts are the same because it is a quad core S800 and microSD slot at work here. For me, if I were going to a 2 phone, WP exclusive system, I'd use a 1520 and a 8X, and maybe deal with the card adapter situation. Under a two phone system like that, my 1520 would be used for photography and reading stuff for school, so it would really be more like a back up phone/tablet.

But, I got the Z Ultra for a couple of reasons. I like Sony's Android skin. I have no intention of using the Z Ultra as a phone, except for emergencies. Plus, as far as photography goes, there are days when I like the convenience of the 920/925 from a size & weight perspective. Big phones draw attention, and where you travel though where I travel through alot, attention you don't need.

Plus the Z Ultra is really thin and lightweight. My hands are big enough where one handed use isn't that bad, and for reading articles on the go, it is a nice intermediate device. And I also like versatility in my devices too.

1520 is a good phone. Just not for me based on my needs. The Z Ultra is probably my last Android phone (outside of getting another Nexus 4 for travel only). Overall, hardware has piqued for me generally, so unless there's a compelling reason to upgrade, I'm not looking to do so. Some of us find stuff that works for us, even though there is always a more "efficient" way to do things. I like my 8X/925/Z Ultra/T100 setup. I'm good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

1520 vs Z ultra, from MIA's take. Both very good but for different needs.

1520 has the better camera, better mapping solution and better integration if you're already into MSFT stuff
Z ultra is lighter, waterproof, has the bigger screen, cheaper

The guts are the same because it is a quad core S800 and microSD slot at work here. For me, if I were going to a 2 phone, WP exclusive system, I'd use a 1520 and a 8X, and maybe deal with the card adapter situation. Under a two phone system like that, my 1520 would be used for photography and reading stuff for school, so it would really be more like a back up phone/tablet.

But, I got the Z Ultra for a couple of reasons. I like Sony's Android skin. I have no intention of using the Z Ultra as a phone, except for emergencies. Plus, as far as photography goes, there are days when I like the convenience of the 920/925 from a size & weight perspective. Big phones draw attention, and where you travel though where I travel through alot, attention you don't need.

Plus the Z Ultra is really thin and lightweight. My hands are big enough where one handed use isn't that bad, and for reading articles on the go, it is a nice intermediate device. And I also like versatility in my devices too.

1520 is a good phone. Just not for me based on my needs. The Z Ultra is probably my last Android phone (outside of getting another Nexus 4 for travel only). Overall, hardware has piqued for me generally, so unless there's a compelling reason to upgrade, I'm not looking to do so. Some of us find stuff that works for us, even though there is always a more "efficient" way to do things. I like my 8X/925/Z Ultra/T100 setup. I'm good.

For me, because of my situation, the only use a tablet has currently is for when I travel. It's a lot easier than taking a laptop and is better use than a phone for some things. I personally have no need for multiple phones, I can't really see a need but there are days where I would like something different than my WP. That may shock some people but until WP8.1 I'm still on the fence with WP.

I've come to the conclusion that tablets are good for two types of people really. One is for students who need that portability with enough versatility to do stuff with. The other is for those who don't feel they need a laptop or computer. My tablet is used rarely because I have a computer at work and a laptop at home. I can't think of a need outside of travel at this stage.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've come to the conclusion that tablets are good for two types of people really. One is for students who need that portability with enough versatility to do stuff with. The other is for those who don't feel they need a laptop or computer. My tablet is used rarely because I have a computer at work and a laptop at home. I can't think of a need outside of travel at this stage.

At one point I'll buy a tablet I can also use for presentations and to do a little work on it (full Windows 8 of course). But I don't really need one and I would only use it very rarely. At home my computer is usually running, so I don't need a tablet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For me, because of my situation, the only use a tablet has currently is for when I travel. It's a lot easier than taking a laptop and is better use than a phone for some things. I personally have no need for multiple phones, I can't really see a need but there are days where I would like something different than my WP. That may shock some people but until WP8.1 I'm still on the fence with WP.

The problem with WP for me is that right now, no one model gives me what I want - good camera, lightweight and great audio. HTC still has the best audio for my ears and Nokia still has the best camera. So I end up with one of each. If I could find what I want in one phone, I'd have 1 WP.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This phone fixing business has gotten a bit out of hand :) I'm now sitting on 10 mint condition Lumia 822 phones :) I need to sell a few to work on the HTC 8X project :) And to clear some money to buy an Android phone as well, I was quite disappointed with the performance of the Concur app on WP during the last trip to Boston. Also I have a lot of travel coming up and have to rely on Concur which is the default tool at work for travel.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

@kem, I'll clear up last night's flap this way. I'm cool with you. I have no problem with people stating their opinions. I ask that for me, don't use any qualifiers like "Don't take this the wrong way". It has been proven ad nauseum that when you use qualifiers, you get the person to look at the situation in the exact way you don't want them to. I don't care how you want to debate that point, but you won't win, as that's a stone cold fact. So simply put, you did drop an insult last night, making everything your said after that qualifier in your initial post an insult. I know you didn't mean it, but when I read it I was like: "why put that qualifier in"? Other people here in the thread have said stronger stuff and not has this kind of flap to it.

You got called out on it twice, and as long as with me you just say your opinions without qualifiers, it is a done deal for me.

I usually use those "qualifiers" because I don't want someone to be offended, because they might think I am, but I didn't mean it in a bad way for using the "qualifier". Anyways, sorry.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I usually use those "qualifiers" because I don't want someone to be offended, because they might think I am, but I didn't mean it in a bad way for using the "qualifier". Anyways, sorry.

Maybe it would be best if you just don't insult people if you don't want to insult them. At least to me that's the easiest and safest solution :)

Anyway, I think there are no hard feelings of any kind so we should just move on.

Moving on with ice cream cake!!!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it would be best if you just don't insult people if you don't want to insult them. At least to me that's the easiest and safest solution :)

Anyway, I think there are no hard feelings of any kind so we should just move on.

Moving on with ice cream cake!!!

I didn't mean to insult him, as I was just talking about the nanoSIM, and you guys felt I was mean, so whatever. No more hard feelings, I guess.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In Burger King they have now hot brownies with ice cream topping, I rarely go to fast food restaurants, but this thing is epic!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb