WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Why count HTC and Samsung as "new" hardware partners?

I'd take a Windows Phone 8.1 (with all the features we hope for) in a HTC One shell any time. I might even buy it in summer instead of waiting for autumn.

If it has the S800 or S805, quad core with 3GB ram and minimum 32GB, it should sell. Still, I'm on the fence about the whole installing apps to SD feature.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

If it has the S800 or S805, quad core with 3GB ram and minimum 32GB, it should sell. Still, I'm on the fence about the whole installing apps to SD feature.

I don't think much about SD cards. Since I use Spotify for music I rarely think about storage at all. I only know that LaRUE doesn't like SD cards on WP.

Concerning the specs, I don't even need it to be too high-end. It's Windows Phone after all. I won't software features and a nice phone, and I'd be happy :)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Why count HTC and Samsung as "new" hardware partners?

I'd take a Windows Phone 8.1 (with all the features we hope for) in a HTC One shell any time. I might even buy it in summer instead of waiting for autumn.

I'm sure it will be the HTC M8 shell with WP8, as the One was last year's hardware.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Android phones like the gs5 won't get the 805, but I would love the 805 with a 41MP camera in a 5 inch 1080p screen. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure it will be the HTC M8 shell with WP8, as the One was last year's hardware.

I was more referring to the type of phone as to actual hardware. To be honest, one of HTCs Android high-end devices running WP, I'll believe it when I see it.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I was more referring to the type of phone as to actual hardware. To be honest, one of HTCs Android high-end devices running WP, I'll believe it when I see it.

well with the new recycle your device we might get to see this soon.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

well with the new recycle your device we might get to see this soon.

HTC is in trouble, and after the 8X they focused entirely on Android. It didn't help too much, Samsung is all over the place there. However Nokia is all over the place concerning WP.

Will they change their strategy so soon after they decided to go for Android? Or will they just release another low-end device?

We will see.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I don't like,samsung...I'll kill myself if i have to see a samsung wp8.1 device and it stealing all the spotlight from nokia and htc

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Android phones like the gs5 won't get the 805, but I would love the 805 with a 41MP camera in a 5 inch 1080p screen. :)

Remember that we may not see any new hardware until summer at the earliest. If what I read is correct, the S805 should be available by fall. That's a perfect time for WP. I guess we will see some hardware before then, but I doubt that anything noteworthy.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think much about SD cards. Since I use Spotify for music I rarely think about storage at all. I only know that LaRUE doesn't like SD cards on WP.

Concerning the specs, I don't even need it to be too high-end. It's Windows Phone after all. I won't software features and a nice phone, and I'd be happy :)

I do use them, because that's where I keep my music more easily. Even if this support is added, I doubt I will add apps directly to it. Funny how MSFT is embracing apps to SD while Google is getting away from that...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

HTC is in trouble, and after the 8X they focused entirely on Android. It didn't help too much, Samsung is all over the place there. However Nokia is all over the place concerning WP.

Will they change their strategy so soon after they decided to go for Android? Or will they just release another low-end device?

We will see.

MSFT's loosening of some of the hardware restrictions may help HTC. If they are able to uses directly the same guts for an Android and Wp8 variant of the same hardware, it allows them to provide better support and not waste resources building separate devices that doesn't sell. They needed to get back to mid to low end devices because that's where real profit is as the high end is saturated.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Wow, looks like the 40K is actually going to happen, and in a little over two weeks it seems. Go go go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6