WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Due to special circumstances I had to walk to the lab today. But this finally allowed me to take a picture of the view I have every morning.

WP_20140224_002.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I can't imagine this phone having a future. I would never buy it. Will Microsoft support Android after they have taken over Nokia? It just doesn't fit in my head.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't imagine this phone having a future. I would never buy it. Will Microsoft support Android after they have taken over Nokia? It just doesn't fit in my head.

I think it's a one off device but who knows? It's a low end device without much future to it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I caught the tail end of the talk. Looks like they plan to keep the device going for as long as possible. I'm guessing it's purely about using the Nokia name to get people on board who don't like WP from what I can tell. Still, that interface is rather nasty looking.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I like the Nokia X strategy. Get "new" users familiar with the "Windows Phone UI" and Microsoft services, no Google bloat, and have their cake too with Android apps.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Its a Microsoft-approved strategy to introduce a common WP-esque experience to all kinds of users. From the basic 105 line, the 'second phone' asha series and the Android ****** audience to try to move them over to WP devices by creating a familiar user experience.

Will it work? Most android people are saying that without access to the Play store there's little to no point in a stylised android device that, let's face it, you could probably emulate with a launcher (or that's what it looks like to me).

It's a bit of a weird one.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm liking what i am seeing with the X range.

I'll easily get the XL when it comes out in Australia. It uses Android, you can sideload apk's, use other Android app stores.

It's awesome. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Its a Microsoft-approved strategy to introduce a common WP-esque experience to all kinds of users. From the basic 105 line, the 'second phone' asha series and the Android ****** audience to try to move them over to WP devices by creating a familiar user experience.

Will it work? Most android people are saying that without access to the Play store there's little to no point in a stylised android device that, let's face it, you could probably emulate with a launcher (or that's what it looks like to me).

It's a bit of a weird one.

I give it a month after release and someone will have it hacked and a different ROM on it. That's the problem with this device. People won't like the restrictive nature of it, hell they hate the restrictive nature of WP so this won't go down well at all.

I don't see it sticking around long. However, I didn't see it as a good idea in the first place. All you're going to get now is cries of WP failure from the reviewers. I could be wrong... :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster