WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm liking what i am seeing with the X range.

I'll easily get the XL when it comes out in Australia. It uses Android, you can sideload apk's, use other Android app stores.

It's awesome. :)

I thought the store was going to be restrictive to the 'Nokia Store'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like the Nokia X strategy. Get "new" users familiar with the "Windows Phone UI" and Microsoft services, no Google bloat, and have their cake too with Android apps.

Limited selection of Android apps, until someone hacks the device of course.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The thing that I don't get is that this price point directly competes with WP's most successful - the 520. Why would you create a device on a rival platform that's competing with your most successful phone?

I can only guess this will only come to markets that WP is not doing well in.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The thing that I don't get is that this price point directly competes with WP's most successful - the 520. Why would you create a device on a rival platform that's competing with your most successful phone?

They did say it was targeted to growth markets but would still be available in other markets. So yes, very confusing. They did say the idea was to push the X series price down below WP phones over time and push WP down prices as well.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Here in the Philippines, people barely buy a 520 because it is Windows Phone. Now tell them it's running Android and Nokia will be selling well.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't get it. Why can't they produce cheaper Windows Phones? Because of the hardware requirements Microsoft asks for? They changed that anyway.

It's like if Apple wanted to sell more Macs and therefore releases a cheap notebook with Windows and a Mac OS like skin...

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

A little disapointed to hear it's based off Android 4.1.2!

What the? Then again, the hype i had is fastly degrading. :\

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't get it. Why can't they produce cheaper Windows Phones? Because of the hardware requirements Microsoft asks for? They changed that anyway.

It's like if Apple wanted to sell more Macs and therefore releases a cheap notebook with Windows and a Mac OS like skin...

LOL! I don't see the point either. All I can see is people hacking it and the Nokia skin being removed along with the Nokia services and MS services. People will want a pure Android experience over this hack. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss