WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sticking to local time, sheesh. Here I thought you were a world traveler. :p

I am a world traveler especially when I fly economy class on British Airways:) And that is more reason to stay focused on the local time as typical jet setters would tell you:)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am a world traveler especially when I fly economy class on British Airways:) And that is more reason to stay focused on the local time as typical jet setters would tell you:)

LOL! Yes the system here is rather fun. :p I don't fly BA that often. I also fly economy. Not my favorite way to travel. One day when I'm rich. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh. My. God. Sahib, you have more career posts than Rue, and even BP. What the hell have you been doing to get 9000 posts!? And I betcha 7000 of them came after Nadia showed up. Talk about caught up in a serious bromance...SMH...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm nearly at 3000posts. Nadia has 40 more than me...I tell you, these kids can spam up a thread something fierce...lol...BP, just set it to 100K once we past 40K. Give the youngins something to really shoot for...lol...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Morning folks. I figured I'd take a few minutes before I leave the house to post my Z Ultra mini review.

"Stupid fast. Crazy sexy. Hot! Hot! Hot!"

Now that I've finished channeling my inner BP, let's get to it. The phone is fast. Anyone who has use the 1520 can tell you how zippy the S800 chip is. Minimal to no lag at all. I think my favorite part about the phone is the screen. Since the Z series started, this is the first screen Sony has gotten right (the Z1Compact and the Z2 are the next good ones). While it has less PPI than those two screens, it is sharp, vibrant and very colorful. So sharp that sometimes my 8X feels a little too bright yet dull when I look at it right after using the Z Ultra.

Pretty much the reviews were dead on. It is a big phone that it polarizing - either you love it or you find the damn thing unwieldy. Fortunately, I have big hands and I really appreciate how Sony managed to keep the thing thin, sexy, yet spread the weight around evenly. Maybe because I am careful with my phones, I have used it one handed so far and while I wouldn't recommend doing that, I never got a feel that it would slip from my hand. Love Sony's design language, so no arguments here. The Princely Purple actually pops really well and while the black is the sexiest unit for this phone, the Purple looks better than the white by miles in my eyes. I've put it in that passbook kinda case and it gives the phone a really nice even more premium feel. It fits in my slacks pocket comfortably, ableit I can only keep the Ultra as the only thing in that pocket. I haven't washed my phone yet to test out the water resistance, but it is coming at some point.

Everything else is as advertised - Android is still Android, I still like Sony's skin. I bought the Euro version so I have all the needed LTE bands and the phone is fast, even in a ****ty coverage area like where I live.The audio is very nice - not as nice as the 8X, but a very nice compliment because the range of sound is very good. Only complaints - the SIM card tray is the cheapest piece of plastic I've ever seen - easily damaged if one is not careful. The camera is still crap, but I didn't buy it for that.

All in all, I'm glad I bought it. It is the first Android phone I have bought that I don't want to root. And now for BP's favorite part...(shot on the 8X)
View attachment 57977View attachment 57978View attachment 57979View attachment 57980View attachment 57981View attachment 57982

Wish the purple was darker, but great review!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Well, I'm nearly at 3000posts. Nadia has 40 more than me...I tell you, these kids can spam up a thread something fierce...lol...BP, just set it to 100K once we past 40K. Give the youngins something to really shoot for...lol...

You're just jealous of "us kids".

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Oh. My. God. Sahib, you have more career posts than Rue, and even BP. What the hell have you been doing to get 9000 posts!? And I betcha 7000 of them came after Nadia showed up. Talk about caught up in a serious bromance...SMH...

I remember when he had only like 1k posts and I had like 2.5k, and it took like a few weeks for him to catch up and beat me. Now he has 9k posts??? Probably 90% of them are on this thread. Smdh...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Probably all in this thread, which could be a record. At least Rue spreads it around many threads.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

We have some kind of bromance! :p it's like barney and robin :p leaving all the love stuff :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb