WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Unfortunately a lot of the Bing features are only in the US. Which is sad but so typical of MS.

Yes, I know. But since Google updated the Google Search app that it uses the entire screen and supports picture search, I don't mind. It's just a wasted button, nothing I care much about.

This morning while running through the pouring rain I decided I won't buy a tablet until my old laptop gives up. Then I'll use the tablet as a laptop replacement. I checked however, and I have more than enough money to spare for a new phone, as soon there is one available I really feel like buying. I think it will be autumn anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I know. But since Google updated the Google Search app that it uses the entire screen and supports picture search, I don't mind. It's just a wasted button, nothing I care much about.

I don't use the app but then I don't search that often on my phone.

This morning while running through the pouring rain I decided I won't buy a tablet until my old laptop gives up. Then I'll use the tablet as a laptop replacement. I checked however, and I have more than enough money to spare for a new phone, as soon there is one available I really feel like buying. I think it will be autumn anyway.

I'm curious to see what the phones will be when they come out. I hope there's something I like. I haven't been too impressed with anything lately. All too big for my liking.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious to see what the phones will be when they come out. I hope there's something I like. I haven't been too impressed with anything lately. All too big for my liking.

I think the Android crowd has reached some kind of plateau. Since the Galaxy S3 there was only upgrade in raw numbers, no real new features that I see any use in. It's similar for the iPhone, nothing really special there either.

That's were I see a chance in Windows Phone. Because they are still lacking in so many areas, they can really bring an upgrade that makes sense, bundled with some nice new hardware. After all I realize more and more, that a new Windows Phone would certainly be easier than switching to iOS. Not because of the apps, I use not many of them and I could easily afford to buy the counterpart on iOS, but because the Skydrive, sorry Onedrive, is implemented well, and because Exchange synchronization just works perfectly.

I don't know about Exchange synchronization on the iPhone though, maybe it's just as good.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

When I lived there and called my mum back in Toronto it was always so confusing. :p Now it's not so bad, only a 5 hour difference.

Heh, yeah, it would be awkward being in different time zones which are more than 10 hours apart. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately a lot of the Bing features are only in the US. Which is sad but so typical of MS.

That's why i am curious to try Android, because Microsoft is not expanding Bing and other services fast enough.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think the Android crowd has reached some kind of plateau. Since the Galaxy S3 there was only upgrade in raw numbers, no real new features that I see any use in. It's similar for the iPhone, nothing really special there either.

That's were I see a chance in Windows Phone. Because they are still lacking in so many areas, they can really bring an upgrade that makes sense, bundled with some nice new hardware. After all I realize more and more, that a new Windows Phone would certainly be easier than switching to iOS. Not because of the apps, I use not many of them and I could easily afford to buy the counterpart on iOS, but because the Skydrive, sorry Onedrive, is implemented well, and because Exchange synchronization just works perfectly.

I don't know about Exchange synchronization on the iPhone though, maybe it's just as good.

That's what's interesting about this moment. It's a time where MS can get things right and bring out some features that the competition simply don't have. People talk about what WP doesn't have and ignores where it's different. Most these coming from iPhone or Android. So it will be interesting to see what MS does with the opportunity to shine. The hardware is wars are near a plateau it's really about software and experience. With phones you're only going to go so far with software and features before it becomes unmanageable. That's why I think WP should stick to keeping things simple. I guess we'll see. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I look stuff up on my phone all the time, mostly to proof I am right, sometimes to proof the other one is right. In anyway it's a perfect argument killer ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I look stuff up on my phone all the time, mostly to proof I am right, sometimes to proof the other one is right. In anyway it's a perfect argument killer ;-)

I know you use 'proof' due to your science background but when you're talking about a general disagreement it's 'prove'.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I know you use 'proof' due to your science background but when you're talking about a general disagreement it's 'prove'.

Interesting, thanks!

I have to look this up later, a dictionary doesn't help much in this case :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interesting, thanks!

I have to look this up later, a dictionary doesn't help much in this case :)

Easy explanation:

Proof - noun (have proved) - I have proof you are right

Prove - verb (to proof) - I'll have to prove you are right

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Easy explanation:

Proof - noun (have proved) - I have proof you are right

Prove - verb (to proof) - I'll have to prove you are right

It's only grammar? I looked it up on my phone and it translated both into a noun. Well, then it's clear :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's only grammar? I looked it up on my phone and it translated both into a noun. Well, then it's clear :)

Yeah it's one of those odd ball bits of English grammar. What makes it even more interesting is that you can turn proof into a verb as well. Most people use prove when looking at 'to proof' something. Lots of people wouldn't even know that proof is a common word in science. But lets not get started on lack of interest in science that humanity has. It's depressing.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My watch makes strange things. It's a Tissot T-touch. Since I had to repair it (for 150 CHF...) a few months ago, somehow the electronics reset or something. It's very annoying. I wrote Tissot an email, but I have made the experience that this company is crap and treats customers like crap (what is even more funny because they are even more hypocritical than Apple was a few years ago), so I don't expect much.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My watch makes strange things. It's a Tissot T-touch. Since I had to repair it (for 150 CHF...) a few months ago, somehow the electronics reset or something. It's very annoying. I wrote Tissot an email, but I have made the experience that this company is crap and treats customers like crap (what is even more funny because they are even more hypocritical than Apple was a few years ago), so I don't expect much.

That sucks. I stopped wearing a watch a few years back. I would like a new one but I haven't found anything I like that isn't ridiculously expensive.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just had lunch. Desert was magnificent.

My daily lunch doesn't include desert normally. There's not many options for something nice anyway. :/

I made the mistake of eating a hot meal from the cafe yesterday. I won't do that again. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My daily lunch doesn't include desert normally. There's not many options for something nice anyway. :/

I made the mistake of eating a hot meal from the cafe yesterday. I won't do that again. :p

Mine shouldn't include dessert, but often I can't resist...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster