Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

For staying up till 12:30. I'm not so tired ....but never again :p

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We were discussing this before in this thread, but this a.m. p.m. thing is really strange to me. Of course, we use it like this too, but only in spoken language. 12:30 is 00:30, and then everything is clear.

A friend of mine recently invited some friends, and she wrote "we'll meet at 8.", she had to send a second email because many people were confused about this ;-)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You stayed up until 12:30, now it's 14:30, so you have slept 2 hours.

Well I went to sleep around 12:30 am so would it be 0:30? Idk but I have to wake up 5:00 am so isn't that like 4hrs of sleep :p?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

We were discussing this before in this thread, but this a.m. p.m. thing is really strange to me. Of course, we use it like this too, but only in spoken language. 12:30 is 00:30, and then everything is clear.

A friend of mine recently invited some friends, and she wrote "we'll meet at 8.", she had to send a second email because many people were confused about this ;-)

I never did get the 24 hr clock ..it seems confusing to me

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not many in North America use the 24hr clock, they often refer to it as 'Army time' usually. Same goes for Australia, it's not common for people to use 24hr clocks. It's really an EU thing. Not sure who else uses it as common.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I never did get the 24 hr clock ..it seems confusing to me

Just add 12 to any number after 12 noon and you have 24hr clock, don't use am or pm. If you see a 24hr clock number subtract 12. It's that simple.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not many in North America use the 24hr clock, they often refer to it as 'Army time' usually. Same goes for Australia, it's not common for people to use 24hr clocks. It's really an EU thing. Not sure who else uses it as common.

Or military time !

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Just add 12 to any number after 12 noon and you have 24hr clock, don't use am or pm. If you see a 24hr clock number subtract 12. It's that simple.

Will it seems simple enough but for me to use it in a daily conversation with Someone ...they would have to think about it unlike am or pm :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

If you think about it, it makes much more sense. Instead of dividing the time into two blocks of 12 hours, you start at 00.00 which is midnight and then just count up until 23.59. Of course it's culture and preferences, but in my opinion it can't be easier than this.

When you use in spoken language the 2x12 hours and in written language the 24 hours, you of course don't calculate this anymore, you just know that 10 in the evening is also 22.

Will it seems simple enough but for me to use it in a daily conversation with Someone ...they would have to think about it unlike am or pm :p

Because you/they are not used to it. And why should you/they :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've got used to the 24hr clock. I find it less confusing actually. It's easier to get the other confused in my opinion.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm I think because you 2 are used to it but I know I would have to think about ..I think saying oh when do you start class 9am Insted of saying 9 o'clock but 9 what am or pm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers