WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Staying with WP would be the most convenient option anyway. With a better Spotify app soon to be released and a hopefully working VPN solution and a calendar that's not just a joke, I only need some nice new hardware and I think that will be it.

Well, you've had your 8X longer than me, so that's fine to upgrade from. As along as I get the next round of updates, it should be ok for me to use for a good while. I'm not looking for anything spectacular hardware anymore. Just would rather see them mature the actual OS itself.

The calendar is a joke. That's why I use Simple Calendar. If MSFT opened up the APIs for the Calendar app a bit more, then. The 3rd party offerings out there would be even better...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I use Week View to make the calendar bearable. I add and change appointments in the built in calendar though, every other solution is just tedious without the APIs.

I don't really like picture backgrounds on the tiles so far. Maybe I will change my mind though. Depends on how it is implemented and how it feels on the phone.

I am also a little afraid readability will suffer, for example on message previews on the big tile.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I use Week View to make the calendar bearable. I add and change appointments in the built in calendar though, every other solution is just tedious without the APIs.

I don't really like picture backgrounds on the tiles so far. Maybe I will change my mind though. Depends on how it is implemented and how it feels on the phone.

I am also a little afraid readability will suffer, for example on message previews on the big tile.
im going to hold up on judging it till I get it in my hands :p but the background on tiles I worry about too

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have to get up early tomorrow to pick up my girlfriend at the train station and then drive up to the mountains for skiing, so I'm going to bed now. Have a good time everybody.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It boils down to how cheaply I can get it unlocked. Otherwise, I may just replace the screen only and use the same hosting. The dings while are as eye pleasing aren't completely terrible. Nothing that a case, new SIM tray and screen protector cannot address...

There was a thread here with the info for unlocking. I think it was $59 or so. If you want to try the izik method PM me.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I have to get up early tomorrow to pick up my girlfriend at the train station and then drive up to the mountains for skiing, so I'm going to bed now. Have a good time everybody.
G'night :) have a romantic day with your gf...enjoy

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, you've had your 8X longer than me, so that's fine to upgrade from. As along as I get the next round of updates, it should be ok for me to use for a good while. I'm not looking for anything spectacular hardware anymore. Just would rather see them mature the actual OS itself.

The calendar is a joke. That's why I use Simple Calendar. If MSFT opened up the APIs for the Calendar app a bit more, then. The 3rd party offerings out there would be even better...

Actually I'm using the default Calendar and it works for me pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss