WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Bing it!

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Well I wanted to make sure so why ask the Internet when I can ask someone who knows about it right ?

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I wanted to make sure so why ask the Internet when I can ask someone who knows about it right ?

Just admit you took the easy way out and asked here instead of looking it up...after all, you should remember I'm in social work school getting an MSW...but if you forgot that's Ok because I had mentioned this on the thread in the pre Nadia days so that's light years ago for you...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just admit you took the easy way out and asked here instead of looking it up...after all, you should remember I'm in social work school getting an MSW...but if you forgot that's Ok because I had mentioned this on the thread in the pre Nadia days so that's light years ago for you...

Well no ...I was taught to ask Instead of assuming something. For all I know if I did search that and it came up with something different and said it I would like a bigger ***** than asking about something I didn't know.thats why it's called asking .and I know that you are going to school for that I didn't forget that but the thing with Nadia doesn't have anything to do with me asking a question :/ but my bad for asking since I should "rely" on the Internet for everything

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

And having a billion numbers is better? Nokia Lumia 1520, Lumia 900, 920, 925, 928, blah blah. I prefer simple names, but that won't change my decision in buying a phone. :)

No nono that had nothing to do with Nokia I'm Just poking fun at phones with letters :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

And also there isn't anything wrong with taking an easier way. If there is an easier way way not take it.there is no point doing everything the hard way if there is an option to do it easier.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well no ...I was taught to ask Instead of assuming something. For all I know if I did search that and it came up with something different and said it I would like a bigger ***** than asking about something I didn't know.thats why it's called asking .and I know that you are going to school for that I didn't forget that but the thing with Nadia doesn't have anything to do with me asking a question :/ but my bad for asking since I should "rely" on the Internet for everything

Don't get your knickers in a knot there.

You're in college. Research first and asking appropriate questions is the name of the game there. Just because you were taught not to assume doesn't mean you couldn't have researched, then asked a clarifying question based on your research. Doing that helps you to better see when to ask the "Ooh what's that?" and not be seen as lazy or when you ask the "did you mean xxx? Tell me more". Doing it the latter way has more positive benefits to it than it making you look like an ***.

If you did a Google or bing search, you would see that when you put in DSM, the definition I just gave was the first thing that popped up. If you had simply asked something along the lines of "is this - and listed what you found the DSM was" - you'd have been fine.

See, you proved my point by saying that you remembered what I was studying in school. Plus, whenever you've asked questions we have answered them here. So yes, I stand by my original statement: you took the shortcut (aka the lazy way) out and asked first before searching to see what it was. It is actually a very fascinating thing you missed out on by not looking it up first...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And also there isn't anything wrong with taking an easier way. If there is an easier way way not take it.there is no point doing everything the hard way if there is an option to do it easier.

There is a difference between being "right" and being "correct". You did the right thing by asking. The correct thing was to look it up and then ask for clarification. The easy way is often the right way to do things, but it isn't often the correct way. That's important to know, because lots of evil and injustice happens in the world by people who do the easy way.

"All it takes for evil to persist is for good people to do nothing. "

Learning is never easy.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Don't get your knickers in a knot there.

You're in college. Research first and asking appropriate questions is the name of the game there. Just because you were taught not to assume doesn't mean you couldn't have researched, then asked a clarifying question based on your research. Doing that helps you to better see when to ask the "Ooh what's that?" and not be seen as lazy or when you ask the "did you mean xxx? Tell me more". Doing it the latter way has more positive benefits to it than it making you look like an ***.

If you did a Google or bing search, you would see that when you put in DSM, the definition I just gave was the first thing that popped up. If you had simply asked something along the lines of "is this - and listed what you found the DSM was" - you'd have been fine.

See, you proved my point by saying that you remembered what I was studying in school. Plus, whenever you've asked questions we have answered them here. So yes, I stand by my original statement: you took the shortcut (aka the lazy way) out and asked first before searching to see what it was. It is actually a very fascinating thing you missed out on by not looking it up first...

The difference is you knew what it was ,I didn't and before I even looked it I asked to make sure that's the thing I'm looking up. That's goes back to the point I said I ask first so I don't look like a ***** later by thinking I know what it is. Here's the thing I could of assumed what it was looked it up and said if this what you meant but Insted I chose to ask first then look it up . To me that seems better because it shows interest. But just because I asked" oooohh what's that " it's the easy way " but by me looking it up and they asking its the proper way ? Since when asking about something you never heard a bad thing ? Isn't that how people are going to learn about a subject or thing ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There is a difference between being "right" and being "correct". You did the right thing by asking. The correct thing was to look it up and then ask for clarification. The easy way is often the right way to do things, but it isn't often the correct way. That's important to know, because lots of evil and injustice happens in the world by people who do the easy way.

"All it takes for evil to persist is for good people to do nothing. "

Learning is never easy.

How is looking up something you never heard of and asking for clarification the correct way. Insted of asking what it is first then to have a solid idea what you are looking for and then to ask more about it. Both lead to the same thing but have different ways. But one makes the person look more arrogant by thinking you knew what the person said instead the other one makes it look humble by asking about it.
But actually there is evil and injustice because they think they know everything so they never asked and based their knowledge on what they know.
And learning can be easy if they are willing to learn

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The difference is you knew what it was ,I didn't and before I even looked it I asked to make sure that's the thing I'm looking up. That's goes back to the point I said I ask first so I don't look like a ***** later by thinking I know what it is. Here's the thing I could of assumed what it was looked it up and said if this what you meant but Insted I chose to ask first then look it up . To me that seems better because it shows interest. But just because I asked" oooohh what's that " it's the easy way " but by me looking it up and they asking its the proper way ? Since when asking about something you never heard a bad thing ? Isn't that how people are going to learn about a subject or thing ?

Sahib, you're just covering your *** here. Which really makes me shake my head because this isn't behavior you've normally shown here on the thread before now. This isn't the first time you got called out on something, but this is the first time you've pulled out the "I'm covering my *** and speaking up card because I didn't like how you called me out" card.

And just to prove that you couldn't have made an *** of yourself if you had looked it up, and then asked to clarify, I did a google and Bing search myself. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders is LITTERED over the first page.

You're missing my ultimate point: there is more than one way to ask about something you don't know about. HOW you ask about something can be just as important as WHAT you're asking about.

More specifically, the "oooh! what's that?" approach isn't always appropriate. There are some situations in the real world you ask about stuff like that, you'll come off as unintelligent, lazy and "one of those young people who like to do things the flashy way and don't show effort".

Dude, I work with youth in your age group for a living. Please believe your response so far isn't anything I don't see on a daily basis in many forms.

"C'mon Sahib!"

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

How is looking up something you never heard of and asking for clarification the correct way. Insted of asking what it is first then to have a solid idea what you are looking for and then to ask more about it. Both lead to the same thing but have different ways. But one makes the person look more arrogant by thinking you knew what the person said instead the other one makes it look humble by asking about it.
But actually there is evil and injustice because they think they know everything so they never asked and based their knowledge on what they know.
And learning can be easy if they are willing to learn

Simple. Sometimes looking it up shows a lot more interest and positive traits. Traits such as "being a go getter", not being a afraid to fail or ask smart questions, being thoughtful. Notice I did not say anything about coming back after your researched and running your mouth like you know everything.

Doing research first allows you to know what questions to ask...the correct ones, not the right ones. It isn't about showing off, because again, whenever you have asked questions here people have answered them, especially when you've looked up the thing a little bit.

People who understand things a bit better than us know if we are vested because you have to ask the correct questions to get the knowledge. My opinion is unchanged: you weren't vested in this topic, which is ok by me. You've shown that clearly because instead of asking about what the DSM is, you're nitpicking about how you got called out. I mean, we all don't find everything interesting, so I'm not offended.

Still, there's always jewels of general knowledge to be learned from even those things that don't interest us.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to get some cookies from the Subway across the street before they close. I'm working on two assignments where I have to learn about bipolar and depressive disorders and then accurately diagnose two cases suggested by my professor. It is a TON of information, filled with subtleties, but very informative so far...this stuff is no joke...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sahib, you're just covering your *** here. Which really makes me shake my head because this isn't behavior you've normally shown here on the thread before now. This isn't the first time you got called out on something, but this is the first time you've pulled out the "I'm covering my *** and speaking up card because I didn't like how you called me out" card.

And just to prove that you couldn't have made an *** of yourself if you had looked it up, and then asked to clarify, I did a google and Bing search myself. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders is LITTERED over the first page.

You're missing my ultimate point: there is more than one way to ask about something you don't know about. HOW you ask about something can be just as important as WHAT you're asking about.

More specifically, the "oooh! what's that?" approach isn't always appropriate. There are some situations in the real world you ask about stuff like that, you'll come off as unintelligent, lazy and "one of those young people who like to do things the flashy way and don't show effort".

Dude, I work with youth in your age group for a living. Please believe your response so far isn't anything I don't see on a daily basis in many forms.

"C'mon Sahib!"

To be honest I don't mind being called out but when there is a reason to. But to call me out on a simple question that I never even heard about is not the way to respond to a person asking that question . It would be different if I did know what you are talking about it then that world make me lazy. again I didn't know what you were talking about, so I can I look up something I never heard of and isn't it the same thing to ask someone who knows than to do a simple search ? If that was true why don't we show little kids look it up first before asking me because its the "harder way " thus making it the correct way ...right ?
And by working with kids my age might make you relevant to what's going on but that doesn't mean you will understand them.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Simple. Sometimes looking it up shows a lot more interest and positive traits. Traits such as "being a go getter", not being a afraid to fail or ask smart questions, being thoughtful. Notice I did not say anything about coming back after your researched and running your mouth like you know everything.

Doing research first allows you to know what questions to ask...the correct ones, not the right ones. It isn't about showing off, because again, whenever you have asked questions here people have answered them, especially when you've looked up the thing a little bit.

People who understand things a bit better than us know if we are vested because you have to ask the correct questions to get the knowledge. My opinion is unchanged: you weren't vested in this topic, which is ok by me. You've shown that clearly because instead of asking about what the DSM is, you're nitpicking about how you got called out. I mean, we all don't find everything interesting, so I'm not offended.

Still, there's always jewels of general knowledge to be learned from even those things that don't interest us.

Even before anyone starts to get interested in a topic. Don't you have to ask the question what is that ? How does it work ? So I was doing that same thing I was asking but since its bad to ask before looking it up ill base my knowledge on what I know .
And that third point. How do you know I wasn't interested on that ? I was thinking about it but i thought well I can ask him what that is and then look up more . But what you said was assumption.you thought you knew what I was thinking. No one knows what anybody is thinking or felling or even doing. I could of been doing other things when I asked the question to later look it up like say a quiz I had to do or homework or cleaning my room. Who knows because I was to busy nip picking what you said. But fine that's cool you assumed I wasn't interested just because I didn't talk about it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

just admit you took the easy way out and asked here instead of looking it up...after all, you should remember i'm in social work school getting an msw...but if you forgot that's ok because i had mentioned this on the thread in the pre nadia days so that's light years ago for you...

Posted via princely purple z ultra

rofl!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz