WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
First off, I'm not buying it. Second, I'm not an iSheep. Third, it is extremely powerful, and may be pricy, but PCs that are speced pretty much the same are about the same price, or even more expensive. And the Mac Pro is quite amazing, considering how powerful they could fit all that into a machine that is very small compared to a regular PC workstation.

There is just no other advantage except that you can say that.

Somebody who can afford a Mac expensive as a car should also be able to afford that much more room. At least then they can put additional hardware IN the computer and not into expensive extensions that... take away space, and it would be even upgradeable.

I still think the Mac Pro concept is stupid. But there will be enough people that will buy this proof of concept just for it.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There is just no other advantage except that you can say that.

Somebody who can afford a Mac expensive as a car should also be able to afford that much more room. At least then they can put additional hardware IN the computer and not into expensive extensions that... take away space, and it would be even upgradeable.

I still think the Mac Pro concept is stupid. But there will be enough people that will buy this proof of concept just for it.

I had a hard time finding a replacement for my Acer S3, and almost ended up with a MacBook Air. In the end, I got a Surface Pro 128GB, not a upgrade in terms of specs, but this should shut me up. :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I had a hard time finding a replacement for my Acer S3, and almost ended up with a MacBook Air. In the end, I got a Surface Pro 128GB, not a upgrade in terms of specs, but this should shut me up. :D

I like the Apple laptops, they are great. The Mac Book Air is even reasonable priced. But when miniaturization makes a lot of sense in laptops, I just don't get it for work stations. :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I like the Apple laptops, they are great. The Mac Book Air is even reasonable priced. But when miniaturization makes a lot of sense in laptops, I just don't get it for work stations. :)

True that. I can't believe how some Windows OEM can price their offerings sometimes more expensive, some with such low resolution.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just finished watching Enders Game. Tomorrow night I might watch American Hustle.

How did you like Ender's Game? I wasn't too amazed. I think I heard that the entire twist has better worked out in the book, but I will never read the book as the author is openly homophobic and I just can't support that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It was all right. I like the director, Gavin Hood, he is South African. He directed Tsotsi, an Oscar winning film from 8 or 9 years ago.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can give you a slight insight to the idea. In a large operation space is a premium. I know that Apple haven't got many large enterprise clients, besides themselves, but more and more companies are trying to reduce workstation space down. There was a trial here of a new setup but it either isn't going ahead or they're waiting for the 'right' time to introduce it. The desk space will be a lot smaller.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We only have laptops for everyone at work, even designers. If they reduce my workspace any further, I probably will have to quit :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We only have laptops for everyone at work, even designers. If they reduce my workspace any further, I probably will have to quit :)

You only get laptops in my company if you need one. The computer I currently use is about 2-3 years old I think, possibly older. We just upgraded to W7 and some people got new computers.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I can give you a slight insight to the idea. In a large operation space is a premium. I know that Apple haven't got many large enterprise clients, besides themselves, but more and more companies are trying to reduce workstation space down. There was a trial here of a new setup but it either isn't going ahead or they're waiting for the 'right' time to introduce it. The desk space will be a lot smaller.

Okay, if a company thinks that saving half of the space of a workstation (while making space for extensions) is better than having all these drawbacks, this is fine.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You only get laptops in my company if you need one. The computer I currently use is about 2-3 years old I think, possibly older. We just upgraded to W7 and some people got new computers.

Mine is about 1.5 years old. We get new ones every 3 years or so...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Okay, if a company thinks that saving half of the space of a workstation (while making space for extensions) is better than having all these drawbacks, this is fine.

I'm just pointing out a possibility. I think the Mac Pro is neat but I would never buy one. I got an Apple Fan boy next to me, he admits to being one, though he likes it he couldn't justify the price. They are powerful for their size and the tech is neat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro