WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LOL! Well I don't speak with any authority at all personally. :p It was just funny. You're more than welcome to close the thread though. I think it's run it's course personally. :p

I was just dogpiling on his I'm an engineer claim. Like that was supposed to be the definitive word.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What you think the dark ages was less promiscuous than it is now? LOL! They just hid it better. :p

Guys and girls can date mulitple people. It happens. Maybe it's different in college. Either that or your college is boring. :p
Well in their defense they were in the dark so nobody saw anything ;)
But I do see people date different people, just not date different people at the same time and get caught or not get caught :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

LOL! Well I don't speak with any authority at all personally. :p It was just funny. You're more than welcome to close the thread though. I think it's run it's course personally. :p

Is there any authority in being a biologist? I don't think so with few exceptions.

I was at a party once and people started to talk about infectious diseases and vaccinations. I listened to it for a while, but at one point it became too painful and I started with: "I might be wrong, however with my background in microbiology, working on my PhD thesis, I really think you didn't get the facts straight."

They listened.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well in their defense they were in the dark so nobody saw anything ;)

That joke is probably older than you....

But I do see people date different people, just not date different people at the same time and get caught or not get caught :p

Sigh, it's not necessarily about being caught. Sometimes people date two people (or more) for a bit then drop one or both or all. It's about finding a person you like. :p That's the whole point. Dating doesn't mean 'going out' or boy/girlfriend. It just means you dated that person a few times.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Is there any authority in being a biologist? I don't think so with few exceptions.

I was at a party once and people started to talk about infectious diseases and vaccinations. I listened to it for a while, but at one point it became too painful and I started with: "I might be wrong, however with my background in microbiology, working on my PhD thesis, I really think you didn't get the facts straight."

They listened.
o.o hold on hold on .....you were at a party and talking about infectious diseases instead of dancing ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That joke is probably older than you....

Sigh, it's not necessarily about being caught. Sometimes people date two people (or more) for a bit then drop one or both or all. It's about finding a person you like. :p That's the whole point. Dating doesn't mean 'going out' or boy/girlfriend. It just means you dated that person a few times.

Wait I thought dating was to get to know the Person more to see if You are compatible thus turning into a couple and being exclusive :confused:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They listened.

It's not some much authority as it is appreciating the person who has knowledge. :) Known as respect. Science is a commity is not? Everyone has their say but it always comes down to what the evidence says in the end.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's not some much authority as it is appreciating the person who has knowledge. :) Known as respect. Science is a commity is not? Everyone has their say but it always comes down to what the evidence says in the end.

I was the only scientist there :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well at least you didn't get that silent treatment when people ask your profession. Happens to me all the time. :p

We are not worthy D:. but in all seriousness I would too just because the title you have. I have meet older people who get intimated by the title the other person has just because the other knows more thus striking doubt because they thing well what can I talk to the person about I'm not an engineer or scientist so ill just be quiet

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well at least you didn't get that silent treatment when people ask your profession. Happens to me all the time. :p

I usually feel quite confident in every conversation, but I do really have troubles if somebody asks me what I am doing in the lab. It's incredibly abstract and somebody with no higher education in sciences just almost can't understand it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb