WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. Gonna stop by the repair shop today on my way into work. Hopefully I will get some good news about my 925. When I called yesterday, the repair man hasn't tested the phone again. I like them but they are slow as hell because they have too much business. It is a tiny 3 man shop pretty much 1 person doing all the repairs...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Someone said my name...

Morning! I'm off to Marrakesh so can't really talk. Have a great weekend everyone. I'll try to check in from time to time. :)

Good for you! Hope you have a good time. At the rate this week is going, I'm really looking forward to being in Atlantic City for the weekend. I've been wishing that the weekend was here since Tuesday evening...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was having lunch. Now I'm back.

I haven't reorganized my WP home screen in ages.

What was for lunch? I'm always open for ideas...

Funny enough, I only reorganize my home screen whenever I get a new handset. I usually leave the apps that I use alot but don't want on my home screen in the app list. I just list the functional stuff on the front and keep it moving...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

That's why on my Z Ultra I have the Google search bar widget, a clock widget, a large weather widget and in the app tray the 6 most common apps I use, and only 1 home screen. That way I don't waste time reorganizing my home screen incessantly...

Well I got it down to 4 home screen however I wasn't satisfied so kept changing it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

今週はとても長く忙しく疲れてます。 😞 (translation - this week has been long, busy and tiring).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I got it down to 4 home screen however I wasn't satisfied so kept changing it.

I can't. I used to use 3 for,my natural life with Android...until when I set up my Touchpad to run Jelly Bean. It was so much cleaner to have the setup I described with the one home screen, I use that now as my default - whether, phone, tablet or phablet.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Gonna stop by the repair shop today on my way into work. Hopefully I will get some good news about my 925. When I called yesterday, the repair man hasn't tested the phone again. I like them but they are slow as hell because they have too much business. It is a tiny 3 man shop pretty much 1 person doing all the repairs...

The local phone repair store which is also a nokia and samsung care store as well has 5 to 6 staff and only one is an engineer that can fix the phones and is only in on Tuesday and Thursday.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I can't. I used to use 3 for,my natural life with Android...until when I set up my Touchpad to run Jelly Bean. It was so much cleaner to have the setup I described with the one home screen, I use that now as my default - whether, phone, tablet or phablet.

I wanted more home screen to be honesty at least 15.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What was for lunch? I'm always open for ideas...

A sandwich in the sun. I always bring some fruits and a box of vegetables with me though.

Funny enough, I only reorganize my home screen whenever I get a new handset. I usually leave the apps that I use alot but don't want on my home screen in the app list. I just list the functional stuff on the front and keep it moving...

I used to do it pretty often. Now I'm quite happy with how I have it. With a 720 screen you have enough space for three large tiles (my email tile just partially, it shows the sender of the message and this is enough) and two rows of small tiles. So I have a big Whatsapp tile, a big pictures tile, and the big email tile, and the essentials as small tiles in between.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The local phone repair store which is also a nokia and samsung care store as well has 5 to 6 staff and only one is an engineer that can fix the phones and is only in on Tuesday and Thursday.

These guys are independent. They are on my short list of 2-3 repair shops I've used over the past that have given me best results. They are pricey but are willing to take on difficult repairs. I've given them my fair share of cluster**** filled phones to fix and they've done a nice job. It was the same place I took that VZW 8X to have both the screen and housing swapped out that I posted pictures here last fall...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
These guys are independent. They are on my short list of 2-3 repair shops I've used over the past that have given me best results. They are pricey but are willing to take on difficult repairs. I've given them my fair share of cluster**** filled phones to fix and they've done a nice job. It was the same place I took that VZW 8X to have both the screen and housing swapped out that I posted pictures here last fall...

Same for mine will take any job however there very expensive but they are the only one in town I trust.

They do take a week at least and there always busy doesn't help when they only hire one part time engineer and it family run as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A sandwich in the sun. I always bring some fruits and a box of vegetables with me though.

I used to do it pretty often. Now I'm quite happy with how I have it. With a 720 screen you have enough space for three large tiles (my email tile just partially, it shows the sender of the message and this is enough) and two rows of small tiles. So I have a big Whatsapp tile, a big pictures tile, and the big email tile, and the essentials as small tiles in between.

That's a nice lunch. What sandwich did you have?

I actually have only 1 wide tile and one medium tile on my 8X, the rest as small icons. I used to do that scrolling on the home screen too because I kept the WP7 large and medium tiles look, but I now have a tight scroll free look. On my Nokia I have 1 wide tile, 2 mediums and the rest as small.

I'll post screen shots for my 8X when I get to work so that this post doesn't sound so complicated...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss