WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Religion? I like puppies and ponies. And ice cream and cake. I'd rather discuss those things.

Did you not have a pony when you were little and now you're heart broken? :p Sorry just being silly.

I can't eat too much ice cream. Cake on the other hand.

Religion is interesting on a cultural basis. Unfortunately it's impossible to talk about with out upsetting people. Especially when you have a differenece of opinion on how 'good' it is.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Nothing good ever comes of religious or political discussions. Especially on a forum. Noone is going to change their mind or convert someone, so it just degenerates quickly into taking sides and arguing. Now beer discussions, well.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Did you not have a pony when you were little and now you're heart broken? :p Sorry just being silly.

I can't eat too much ice cream. Cake on the other hand.

Religion is interesting on a cultural basis. Unfortunately it's impossible to talk about with out upsetting people. Especially when you have a differenece of opinion on how 'good' it is.

I like tri-tip :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nothing good ever comes of religious or political discussions. Especially on a forum. Noone is going to change their mind or convert someone, so it just degenerates quickly into taking sides and arguing. Now beer discussions, well.

I never want to convert anyone. I just like to make people think. However, when it comes to those two discussing points, most people don't.

Unfortunately beer is something I can't discuss. :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I can't drink beer and we talked about it yesterday :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I never want to convert anyone. I just like to make people think. However, when it comes to those two discussing points, most people don't.

its against rues belief to talk about beer !

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Do you want to know what I believe? I don't care, I'll just tell you.

I have a pretty good education on biology. Still, I haven't even a concept of the knowledge that exists about biology, it's just too much. Nonetheless, we know almost nothing. The more we know, the more we learn that things are much more complex than we could ever imagine. We have some ideas, we have some general concepts, but whenever we look in detail, everything becomes fuzzy. Or we just simply don't understand it at all.

But nature doesn't care, it just works. Just look around you, look at all the areas life has conquered and just lives in it's never ending beauty. This is a wonder in every way, and therefore I don't need a book of fairy tales and magical old men sitting in the sky.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Do you want to know what I believe? I don't care, I'll just tell you.

I have a pretty good education on biology. Still, I haven't even a concept of the knowledge that exists about biology, it's just too much. Nonetheless, we know almost nothing. The more we know, the more we learn that things are much more complex than we could ever imagine. We have some ideas, we have some general concepts, but whenever we look in detail, everything becomes fuzzy. Or we just simply don't understand it at all.

But nature doesn't care, it just works. Just look around you, look at all the areas life has conquered and just lives in it's never ending beauty. This is a wonder in every way, and therefore I don't need a book of fairy tales and magical old men sitting in the sky.

you think too much :p

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

There is nothing wrong with making people think, it's good for everyone. There are just many less polarizing subject to choose from.

Shame beer does not agree with you. Since sahib can't drink, beer discussion could be a safe haven of sorts. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb