WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That a good thing they only have to watch out for is the killer whale.

yeah, they must not make good burgers, cause I've never heard of people eating penguin.

On a side note, I wonder what update is installing on my ATT 920? I swear it was already on the official version of Black.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

yeah, they must not make good burgers, cause I've never heard of people eating penguin.

On a side note, I wonder what update is installing on my ATT 920? I swear it was already on the official version of Black.

Let us know if it is 8.1 :p

Penguins are awesome. Emperor penguins are the most awesome though, as they are incredibly bad-***:

After laying, the mother's nutritional reserves are exhausted and she very carefully transfers the egg to the male, before immediately returning to the sea for two months to feed.[SUP][61][/SUP] The transfer of the egg can be awkward and difficult, and many couples drop the egg in the process. When this happens, the chick inside is quickly lost, as the egg cannot withstand the freezing temperatures on the icy ground. The male spends the winter incubating the egg in his brood pouch, balancing it on the tops of his feet, for 64 consecutive days until hatching.[SUP][63][/SUP] The Emperor Penguin is the only species where this behaviour is observed; in all other penguin species both parents take shifts incubating.[SUP][67][/SUP] By the time the egg hatches, the male will have fasted for around 115 days since arriving at the colony.[SUP][63][/SUP] To survive the cold and winds of up to 200 km/h (120 mph), the males huddle together, taking turns in the middle of the huddle. They have also been observed with their backs to the wind to conserve body heat. In the four months of travel, courtship, and incubation, the male may lose as much as 20 kg (44 lb), from around 38 kg to just 18 kg (84 lb to 40 lb).[SUP][68][/SUP][SUP][69][/SUP]

Best read the entire sub-article, it's just amazing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Penguin#Courtship_and_breeding

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Fixed a spinning gears 810 yesterday.

I just imagined you in an action movie where everything depends on a working Windows Phone device, and you're the only one capable of fixing it.

"We have to find worldspy99 or everything will be lost." - "He will never help us, he runs his own agenda!" - "We'll have to convince him. He must help us, or we will fall."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb