WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

so I just reminded me why I hate android with touchwize .......I was using a girls s4 phone yesterday since she gave it to me and I was playing around with it and GAHH that thing was so laggy I wasn't to throw it and buy her a nexus then there was another Samsung device and I got irritated on how cluttered and so annoying to use . then I took out my phone and I said " ill never take your smoothness for granted again :

TouchWiz bloat. Nuff said. The Gf's S4 runs Ok in my opinion, simply because she doesn't push it too much. It ain't as smooth as the Prince though, this S800 chip flies. I felt that similar speed when using the Lumia 1520. It is how you manage your phone (and rooting too for Android) that helps to give you good performance speed wise.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like a fun way to start the week. Also a particularly nasty way to find out you're redundant.

I've seen some nasty firings in my day at work. I'm better off resigning than letting them me give the ax here for sure...if it ever comes to that.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I had Cordon bleu for lunch which made me happy. And then I realized that I should become a little more cheerful as a poster in this thread.

Yesterday evening I was at a Spring Offensive concert. A concert played in a living room, in a house at then end of the world (deep in the Swiss hills), with the audience being only a handful of people. It was very special and I only got there because my girlfriend has some connections to the band and people involved with it.

Spring Offensive - Not Drowning but Waving - YouTube

That sounds very cool. The perfect setting for a concert.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Got into work a little early today courteousy of a night by the GF. I'm using the Prince today so bear with the signature. I decided that if I wanted to just use the Prince as the daily driver if WP8 became a disappointment for me I would need a very good stereo bluetooth headset and a 64GB MicroSD card. Of course, I wouldn't pull my phone out in public as much either...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I've seen some nasty firings in my day at work. I'm better off resigning than letting them me give the ax here for sure...if it ever comes to that.

Most people here hang around and wait to get fired instead of quitting, that way they get unemployment. But then I've seen some great quittings if they already have a new job lined up.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

This was spam, Muessig just removed the link. Just in the case you don't get an answer...

Since it was his first post and was spam, I wonder why it was edited and not banned like the rest of the spammers.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Since it was his first post and was spam, I wonder why it was edited and not banned like the rest of the spammers.

Interesting too. Well, it did feel a lil like a spam post so I'm glad that's taken care of.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

To proceed with positivity: In just around 15 minutes we'll have cake. A lot of cake, as two of my coworkers had birthday over the weekend.

Actually, it's paradoxical. People bake cake to celebrate, but cake in itself would be a reason to celebrate.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most people here hang around and wait to get fired instead of quitting, that way they get unemployment. But then I've seen some great quittings if they already have a new job lined up.

The CFO of where I work (he's #2 in command) is one of the most skilled at firing people I've ever seen. This cat is as stone faced and matter of fact when he does it. That's why whenever I talk to him I barely give him anything more than political answers because you get the sense he is always thinking and analyzing the situation for information. He does have a heart because he pulled some strings to approve my time off when my aunt who raised me died and I went back to Jamaica last month for her funeral (he gave it to me as condolence even though the hospital only does that for immediate biological family). But man, he is just...too good at firing folks.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Saw this photo at Nokia Philippines.

e6ypumap.jpg

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Saw this photo at Nokia Philippines.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/e6ypumap.jpg

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

Nokia should focus on making new phones instead of crying after a success that was 14 years ago. Well, actually, they should have done this earlier as they soon are gone. But there's still room for another flag ship device until they become Microsoft.

Damn, my negativity comes back. I have to save this.

And I feel so because I want a new phone, and they need to release the 930 the sooner the better!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

The CFO of where I work (he's #2 in command) is one of the most skilled at firing people I've ever seen. This cat is as stone faced and matter of fact when he does it. That's why whenever I talk to him I barely give him anything more than political answers because you get the sense he is always thinking and analyzing the situation for information. He does have a heart because he pulled some strings to approve my time off when my aunt who raised me died and I went back to Jamaica last month for her funeral (he gave it to me as condolence even though the hospital only does that for immediate biological family). But man, he is just...too good at firing folks.

Most CFO's I have worked with have that heartless, bottom line trait. Strictly logic and numbers. Then they wonder why nobody likes them. IT in a lot of places falls under the Controller, which is under the CFO, so I've worked with several of them. Plus they come to us before they fire someone so that we can lock down the accounts while they are getting fired so they can't come back and delete anything. I've always hated that, knowing before they fired the person. I would just hide in the server room so that I wouldn't run into them before it happened. One person actually figured it out and knew if I spent the day in there away from people and everything was up and running, that someone was getting fired.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm still sick. A bit better. I just went to the pharmacy to get more drugs. My wife is in worse shape than me. I'm thinking of making it into work tomorrow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most CFO's I have worked with have that heartless, bottom line trait. Strictly logic and numbers. Then they wonder why nobody likes them. IT in a lot of places falls under the Controller, which is under the CFO, so I've worked with several of them. Plus they come to us before they fire someone so that we can lock down the accounts while they are getting fired so they can't come back and delete anything. I've always hated that, knowing before they fired the person. I would just hide in the server room so that I wouldn't run into them before it happened. One person actually figured it out and knew if I spent the day in there away from people and everything was up and running, that someone was getting fired.

It is always a gut check to fire someone. What's even harder to shake with our CFO is that he has a Doctorate in Social Work, so he is very much aware of the human cost of doing business like that. But I guess in any capitalist environment, it is about coverage of your own *** and getting things done.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still sick. A bit better. I just went to the pharmacy to get more drugs. My wife is in worse shape than me. I'm thinking of making it into work tomorrow.

Hope you both bounce back soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte