WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sometimes I think that the process of chasing after something you want can be more enjoyable than when you actually have what you want in hand...guess the problem with that is when it's people one is pursuing...

That's why I wait for this perfect tablet :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am really thrilled for Build. I hope they announce some 8.1 hardware or I will be terribly disappointed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Instagram updates it's app to support lockscreen and pretty much everyone on the post has bagged it. LOL!

They're all complaining that there a lot of features missing on the client still. I don't think we'll get the non-beta until after WP8.1 because WP8 holds it back with it's limitations. I like the client. I don't know all the missing features so it doesn't bother me.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't use Instagram and I don't think any of my closer friends do.

Everybody is always writing in these forums that people just should get a Moto G if they are not happy with WP. I looked if it is available in Switzerland. It's one cheap and sexy device. I'm almost tempted to buy it only to try out Android. But then what would I do with it afterwards when I decide to buy a 930 or another phone?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Everybody is always writing in these forums that people just should get a Moto G if they are not happy with WP. I looked if it is available in Switzerland. It's one cheap and sexy device. I'm almost tempted to buy it only to try out Android. But then what would I do with it afterwards when I decide to buy a 930 or another phone?

Why not be like MIA and have two or more phones? :p Or have the Moto G until the WP drops enough in price to make it worthwhile to buy.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

keep that as a backup phone

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's why I wait for this perfect tablet :D

Call me when you find it.

I'm happy with my set up. I just need to spend some money to upgrade my desktop and retire my favorite MSFT OS: XP. Gonna get a 2TB hard drive, may be 8.1Pro and put in 8GB RAM in the motherboard. If I can get 5 years of that combo (gotten 3 good years on my current board so far), I'll be set.

Question for the IT folks here. Should I get the 64 bit or the 32 bit version of 8.1 pro? Does it matter what version I get?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Instagram updates it's app to support lockscreen and pretty much everyone on the post has bagged it. LOL!

They're all complaining that there a lot of features missing on the client still. I don't think we'll get the non-beta until after WP8.1 because WP8 holds it back with it's limitations. I like the client. I don't know all the missing features so it doesn't bother me.

There's an old saying where I'm from: "Mouth cut cross way 'cause mouth mek fi chat".

In other words, people will ***** and moan because they have the freedom to ***** and moan. It's tiresome, really...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Why not be like MIA and have two or more phones? :p Or have the Moto G until the WP drops enough in price to make it worthwhile to buy.

Besides my love of phones, I have multiple ones because when I just came to NYC, I lost a very important job opportunity because my cell phone wasn't working and I had to use a pay phone to get in contact with the recruiter, but it was too late.

Seriously though, having a back up phone is good. The question: is he going to keep his 8X once he does the upgrade?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Call me when you find it.

I'm happy with my set up. I just need to spend some money to upgrade my desktop and retire my favorite MSFT OS: XP. Gonna get a 2TB hard drive, may be 8.1Pro and put in 8GB RAM in the motherboard. If I can get 5 years of that combo (gotten 3 good years on my current board so far), I'll be set.

Question for the IT folks here. Should I get the 64 bit or the 32 bit version of 8.1 pro? Does it matter what version I get?

32 bit only supports 3 or 3.5 GB of ram , in order to use more one should install 64bit windows which supports more than 3-4GB ram , in my college we have a giant machine with 12GB ram , note that your processor , motherboard should support both 8GB of ram and 64 bit processor and it's driver , there are some conflicts with 64bit like some old programs that are coded for 32bit does not work but 99.5% does work. I am still using 2007 old machine that came with windows vista home premium , FAIL I know , dual core processor ,2GB ram and 500GB hard drive with 1GB nvdia gt2120 graphic card , later in 2013 I installed windows 8 32 bit and then upgraded to 8.1 and it runs very fluid for basic daily task like web browsing , casual games like solitaire , mahjongg, Wordament , minion rush , office and some college related softwares , SQL , I am very happy with the performance , touchwood :)

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that's what I thought. But I'd keep the 8X as a backup phone, I don't know why I'd need two backup phones, and I certainly won't switch SIM cards MIA style ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

32 bit only supports 3 or 3.5 GB of ram , in order to use more one should install 64bit windows which supports more than 3-4GB ram , in my college we have a giant machine with 12GB ram , note that your processor , motherboard should support both 8GB of ram and 64 bit processor and it's driver , there are some conflicts with 64bit like some old programs that are coded for 32bit does not work but 99.5% does work. I am still using 2007 old machine that came with windows vista home premium , FAIL I know , dual core processor ,2GB ram and 500GB hard drive with 1GB nvdia gt2120 graphic card , later in 2013 I installed windows 8 32 bit and then upgraded to 8.1 and it runs very fluid for basic daily task like web browsing , casual games like solitaire , mahjongg, Wordament , minion rush , office and some college related softwares , SQL , I am very happy with the performance , touchwood :)

My PC at home has 16 GB RAM and that's not too much of a machine ;-)

And you are right. Definitely go for the 64 bit version, there's no drawback and only advantages. The CPU just has to be new enough to support 64bit, as you mentioned. I think that's pretty much standard since a quite some years though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

OK, so I'll get the 64bit version then. My board is an AMD that supports 8GB RAM. I bought mine in summer 2010, so I think it should have 64bit support. For an old by to day's standards AMD, this thing flies through most stuff on XP, so I know it will blister on 8.1...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that's what I thought. But I'd keep the 8X as a backup phone, I don't know why I'd need two backup phones, and I certainly won't switch SIM cards MIA style ;-)

If your next phone as a better camera AND audio than the 8X, you may not need to...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Keep it as a backup device. That is what I am going to do with my Nexus 4:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I even bought the SIM tray pop out tool so I can switch SIM cards easily between phones.I know, I know - I can always use a paper clip but the tool works a bit better:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6