WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just noticed....my house is surrounded with fast food places :O house of donuts, subway, herfy, kfc, dunkin' donuts, hardee's, pizza hut, dominoes, McDonalds, cone zone, Baskin Robbins, taco bell and some other mid eastern restaurants.... x_x

So part of the deals that the US makes with KSA is that they can give you their health problems???? :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought the UK was bad for getting US fast food joints but that's impressive. We don't have all those yet. :p

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

So part of the deals that the US makes with KSA is that they can give you their health problems???? :p
We have insurance!!! :p which covers almost everything....but yeah I blame them for health problems. :O but our food is more unhealthy since it's too rich in everything...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We have insurance!!! :p which covers almost everything....but yeah I blame them for health problems. :O but our food is more unhealthy since it's too rich in everything...

I'm unsure what food is like in KSA... (aside from the US fast food). What are some dishes?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Are you feeling better?

I just realized how glade I am that I work with colleagues who really care about cake issues...

Yesterday I was about 85% today I'm probably around 92% maybe a touch more. So I'm getting there. I actually slept through the night without coughing. So that's a good thing. However I did get all stuffed up so had trouble breathing. Can't win. :p

What are you cake issues?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday I was about 85% today I'm probably around 92% maybe a touch more. So I'm getting there. I actually slept through the night without coughing. So that's a good thing. However I did get all stuffed up so had trouble breathing. Can't win. :p

Good to hear. Eat a lot of fruits, the antioxidants can help fight infections!

What are you cake issues?

At the moment I don't have any. I was eating cake for the last two days constantly, now it's good it's gone. Gotta watch my weight...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I just noticed....my house is surrounded with fast food places :O house of donuts, subway, herfy, kfc, dunkin' donuts, hardee's, pizza hut, dominoes, McDonalds, cone zone, Baskin Robbins, taco bell and some other mid eastern restaurants.... x_x

Sounds more American than Saudi Arabian in terms of the neighbourhood joints that you have....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good to hear. Eat a lot of fruits, the antioxidants can help fight infections!

At the moment I don't have any. I was eating cake for the last two days constantly, now it's good it's gone. Gotta watch my weight...

Speaking of cakes, I tend to eat a bit too much when I travel. The chocolate fondant last night was pretty amazing, so was the salad and the main course:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

When I first moved into my current place around two years ago, I was able to pick up any size pizza from Dominoes for ?6.99. It then went to ?7.99 and recently it just jumped to ?11.99. Needless to say Dominoes lost a customer. I'll just make my own from now on.

I prefer Papa John's and retailmenot.com ensures I do not overpay for Pizza. Our family favorite is a Large Thin Crust Garden Veggie with lots of olives for the little one. Usually I end up paying between $8 and $11 depending on the special for the week.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm unsure what food is like in KSA... (aside from the US fast food). What are some dishes?
There's kabsa which is rice with roasted chicken and/or grilled chicken....there's a similar kind with mutton known as mandi.
There's "foul(fool) tamees" ....which is beans and bread....
mutabbaq basically pita bread with egg and spring onions inside or sweet cheese....
shawarma is like taco, filled with pickles, chicken, spinach, french fries, mayo and ketchup....
Al baik....the most famous fried chicken....it sells more than KFC here....because KFC is nothing when compared to it...but unfortunately it is localized to western Saudi Arabia....so we don't get it in my place and we end up eating KFC/ Al Tazaj(less oily)
Hummus (i personally don't like it)
Desserts over here are filled with honey and dry fruits....the best is kunafa which is phylo pastry filled with cheese and topped with sugar syrup and dry fruits...there are other desserts like basbousa, baklava, muhallabia, etc etc
There's arabian coffee which is taken with dates....because we don't add sugar to the coffee....and dates add the sweetness...It's a long process to make it but nestle made it's instant arabian coffee so yay! But it has a very strong taste
There's bread with za3'tar (za'atar), za3tar is a mixed condiment, like oregano, thyme, and some other herb....this is kind of a pizza....it's topped with cheese too
We have holsten, red bull, barbican, Budweiser, pepsi, 7up, mirinda, etc etc all non alcoholic

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hummus has really become a thing here recently. Everybody is talking about it. I think it's okay, it's not something I would make a fuzz about though.

Still, your post made me hungry Nadia ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I prefer Papa John's and retailmenot.com ensures I do not overpay for Pizza. Our family favorite is a Large Thin Crust Garden Veggie with lots of olives for the little one. Usually I end up paying between $8 and $11 depending on the special for the week.

We have a Papa Johns but haven't bothered with it. We don't have pizza that often, mostly due to my wife being allergic to milk protein.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's kabsa which is rice with roasted chicken and/or grilled chicken....there's a similar kind with mutton known as mandi.
There's "foul(fool) tamees" ....which is beans and bread....
mutabbaq basically pita bread with egg and spring onions inside or sweet cheese....
shawarma is like taco, filled with pickles, chicken, spinach, french fries, mayo and ketchup....
Al baik....the most famous fried chicken....it sells more than KFC here....because KFC is nothing when compared to it...but unfortunately it is localized to western Saudi Arabia....so we don't get it in my place and we end up eating KFC/ Al Tazaj(less oily)
Hummus (i personally don't like it)
Desserts over here are filled with honey and dry fruits....the best is kunafa which is phylo pastry filled with cheese and topped with sugar syrup and dry fruits...there are other desserts like basbousa, baklava, muhallabia, etc etc
There's arabian coffee which is taken with dates....because we don't add sugar to the coffee....and dates add the sweetness...It's a long process to make it but nestle made it's instant arabian coffee so yay! But it has a very strong taste
There's bread with za3'tar (za'atar), za3tar is a mixed condiment, like oregano, thyme, and some other herb....this is kind of a pizza....it's topped with cheese too
We have holsten, red bull, barbican, Budweiser, pepsi, 7up, mirinda, etc etc all non alcoholic

I was able to look up some of the food on Google Images to see what it looked like. I do know some of it. There was some in Morroco that was the same. I have to admit to liking hummus, especially with some chili mixed in. However, I can't go overboard with it as chickpeas don't agree with me.

I'll have to find a restaurant one day. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa