WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll agree with that statement regarding grapefruit in general. Horrible tasting things.

Grapefruit is good when the peel has been discarded. In the juice making process they just squeeze the grapefruit like an orange and that leads to bitter consequences:)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Grapefruit is good when the peel has been discarded. In the juice making process they just squeeze the grapefruit like an orange and that leads to bitter consequences:)

I've never been able to enjoy grapefruit. I've always seen it as a type of torture. Why would someone eat something that taste that bitter?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There's kabsa which is rice with roasted chicken and/or grilled chicken....there's a similar kind with mutton known as mandi.
There's "foul(fool) tamees" ....which is beans and bread....
mutabbaq basically pita bread with egg and spring onions inside or sweet cheese....
shawarma is like taco, filled with pickles, chicken, spinach, french fries, mayo and ketchup....
Al baik....the most famous fried chicken....it sells more than KFC here....because KFC is nothing when compared to it...but unfortunately it is localized to western Saudi Arabia....so we don't get it in my place and we end up eating KFC/ Al Tazaj(less oily)
Hummus (i personally don't like it)
Desserts over here are filled with honey and dry fruits....the best is kunafa which is phylo pastry filled with cheese and topped with sugar syrup and dry fruits...there are other desserts like basbousa, baklava, muhallabia, etc etc
There's arabian coffee which is taken with dates....because we don't add sugar to the coffee....and dates add the sweetness...It's a long process to make it but nestle made it's instant arabian coffee so yay! But it has a very strong taste
There's bread with za3'tar (za'atar), za3tar is a mixed condiment, like oregano, thyme, and some other herb....this is kind of a pizza....it's topped with cheese too
We have holsten, red bull, barbican, Budweiser, pepsi, 7up, mirinda, etc etc all non alcoholic

Pretty much anything that is vegetarian on the list I have eaten, in the US and in the UAE. We love Za'atar, my kid likes it better than pizza:) Baklava is another personal favorite of mine. Hummus, I like it when it is mixed with other ingredients like chilli, garlic, herbs etc. Grilled Haloumi cheese is another favorite of our family...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I've never been able to enjoy grapefruit. I've always seen it as a type of torture. Why would someone eat something that taste that bitter?

You need to try it without the peel, it is not that bad or bitter. And according to eastern medicine philosophy, bitter is good for you, cleanses the system.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You need to try it without the peel, it is not that bad or bitter. And according to eastern medicine philosophy, bitter is good for you, cleanses the system.

I'm not into eastern medicine. :p I'm quite happy to bypass the 'bliss' of grapefruit.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I loved the movie when it came out a few years ago...

I think it's pretty much my favourite comedy. The first time I saw it in a cinema in Germany and couldn't understand what's the fuss about the Fuzz, but when I watched it later in English it was so incredibly hilarious.

That's one of the reasons why I avoid watching dubbed movies nowadays.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyone following Android Wear and Moto/LG smartwatches...kinda makes me want to jump ship:-(

I haven't looked at them yet. I was talking to a coworker yesterday who owns a Pebble. He's quite happy with it. Have to admit my geek side came out. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I haven't looked at them yet. I was talking to a coworker yesterday who owns a Pebble. He's quite happy with it. Have to admit my geek side came out. :p

I don't want a watch I have to charge all the time.

Anyway, Michael Knight had a smartwatch ages ago.

Michael-knight-watch.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I thought the round one was neat until I saw how thick it was. I wonder if/when MS will go down this route as well.

They will probably release one in 4 years with very limited features. And when somebody mentions the limited feature set, all the fanboys will cry out that Microsoft is very new to the game and it just needs time to catch up. Around 2 years later a new smartwatch will be released that is exactly the same but has a new kernel, so new programs won't run on old smartwatches. Also syncing will be removed and you have to put on files by drag and drop now. Well, of course they will also release a buggy software in beta that helps with it, but it won't really work. New features will still not be introduced though, but some of the features will be cut to be reintroduced in a later update. Microsoft will be very proud of that too.

Then, again a few years later a big update will be promised and everybody hopes it will finally bring all the needed features, and everybody will look forward in high anticipation to Build 2022.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They will probably release one in 4 years with very limited features. And when somebody mentions the limited feature set, all the fanboys will cry out that Microsoft is very new to the game and it just needs time to catch up. Around 2 years later a new smartwatch will be released that is exactly the same but has a new kernel, so new programs won't run on old smartwatches. Also syncing will be removed and you have to put on files by drag and drop now. Well, of course they will also release a buggy software in beta that helps with it, but it won't really work. New features will still not be introduced though, but some of the features will be cut to be reintroduced in a later update. Microsoft will be very proud of that too.

Then, again a few years later a big update will be promised and everybody hopes it will finally bring all the needed features, and everybody will look forward in high anticipation to Build 2022.

That's one of the things I like about you. You're so optimistic. :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Beginning to show some hate for Microsoft? :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I am in high spirits tonight, must be due to the good day I had. ��

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I think my YouTube channel is beginning to get some attention, 3 subscribers...

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, what do you know, I've done one post per minute!

What does everybody think of my video?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99