WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. Looks like t-mo is having a hard time selling this Lumia 925s, as most of its truly savvy customers (like me) anticipated. I did give in and get one for $240 via Newegg, but hey at a price like that, you can deal with the flaws of the carrier itself more comfortably for a weekend phone. Plus it's not like i'm giving up my 8X either...

I say this because it is interesting these days in the cellphone market. Not sure if people have noticed that the high end market and the upper mid range market have becom saturated. While certain staples like the 5s have sold, even Samsung kinda scaled back in terms of the expectations for the S4. Plus, some folks just aren't upgrading as often because there isn't enough cash to do that. I think the days of the S2 & S3 and iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 + 4S crazy sales numbers are gone...and when OEMs misread the market - YOU APPLE WITH YOUR iPHONE 5C - they get punished for it.

I think the market also becomes saturated because there is just no real progress anymore. The differences between a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy S5 don't really justify spending 700 $ or whatever it will cost.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think the market also becomes saturated because there is just no real progress anymore. The differences between a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy S5 don't really justify spending 700 $ or whatever it will cost.

Precisely. That's why for me, the last time i bought a device for $US500+ was my Z Ultra...and before that, was the HTC Kaiser MANY MANY years ago. It's just not worth it to be an early adopter anymore. My banking friend (the same one who i gave my Touchpad to) and I always talk about being smart consumer shoppers. If you don't really need all the extra bells and whistles, a lot of last year's flagships are still very good buys at this point. Most people don't upgrade as much, and that's why i tell folks who ask me that you pick a phone that will get the most out of what you want for today and for a while. Don't get caught in the hype of being a first adopter unless you're doing a true upgrade...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

As much as some people mock Huwaei, they do have 1 feature on WP8 I really like: their capacitive buttons change colors to match the current accent color you're using. That's nice.

You don't really get them in Switzerland.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Never heard of it, but I read this very entertaining article now:

Vertu TI Review: My Weekend with an $11,000 Android Phone | Digital Trends

What I liked the most:

Personally I think this thing is ugly as hell.

LOL! This is just a talking piece. The sexiest high end phone like this I've ever seen are these:

Nokia 8800 Sirocco review: Luxury redefined - GSMArena.com
Nokia 8600 Luna review: Cast in glass - GSMArena.com (my personal favorite)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I went on a nostalgia trip and looked atsome of the old school phones i used to own...man, i am almost tempted to go get a Sony Ericsson k810 again...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

At least they look good if you don't mind the outdated screen and form factor. :)

And the fact that if you use them in many developing countries, dropped calls and signal issues are NOT a problem. These are where Vertu comes from...great looking luxury phones, even though the OS is run of the mill. They are rich eye candy indeed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, i was reminded on my nostalgia trip why i wanted to get a Nokia N86 8MP. Man, cool stuff indeed...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Weather is good, I think I call it an early day and go for a run as I couldn't go this morning.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Precisely. That's why for me, the last time i bought a device for $US500+ was my Z Ultra...and before that, was the HTC Kaiser MANY MANY years ago. It's just not worth it to be an early adopter anymore. My banking friend (the same one who i gave my Touchpad to) and I always talk about being smart consumer shoppers. If you don't really need all the extra bells and whistles, a lot of last year's flagships are still very good buys at this point. Most people don't upgrade as much, and that's why i tell folks who ask me that you pick a phone that will get the most out of what you want for today and for a while. Don't get caught in the hype of being a first adopter unless you're doing a true upgrade...

Heck, a good mint condition used iPhone 5S is a good buy 4 months after it comes out! Why pay $700 for a 16GB device? The best phone by far that I have bought and used it extensively is my $85 Lumia 810:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I went on a nostalgia trip and looked atsome of the old school phones i used to own...man, i am almost tempted to go get a Sony Ericsson k810 again...

I still have my Sony Ericsson w810:) And since it is unlocked, I have used it in DK, FR, DE, PL, ZA, UAE:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still have my Sony Ericsson w810:) And since it is unlocked, I have used it in DK, FR, DE, PL, ZA, UAE:)

I liked the w810. Good stuff. I went browsing and saw that one the old used electronic stores I dealw ith has a Nokia N8...i'm going to look at it after work and may grab it. After all, it is still one of the best camera phones of all time...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm into the whole smart watch thing. If the trend of carrying big phones gets out of hand and we start needing watches to use them. What's stoping them from making an accessory just to use the watch

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking at the 925 ... That's a good price for the 925

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I liked the w810. Good stuff. I went browsing and saw that one the old used electronic stores I dealw ith has a Nokia N8...i'm going to look at it after work and may grab it. After all, it is still one of the best camera phones of all time...

I did like my N8 when I had it. Took a really nice picture. The sad part was the lack of support for it. Symbian was in it's death throws at the time. Oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99