WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Only 2 more weeks till build. I wonder what new things they will have . Maybe they will surprise us with sdk for smart watches and smart glasses ( thought I don't need them ) and maybe smart shoes :eek:?

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm into the whole smart watch thing. If the trend of carrying big phones gets out of hand and we start needing watches to use them. What's stoping them from making an accessory just to use the watch

You're missing an 'o' in your signature. It should read - I think too much.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I did like my N8 when I had it. Took a really nice picture. The sad part was the lack of support for it. Symbian was in it's death throws at the time. Oh well.

I was to little to use Symbian but I can only infer that Symbian was a very good os

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Only 2 more weeks till build. I wonder what new things they will have . Maybe they will surprise us with sdk for smart watches and smart glasses ( thought I don't need them ) and maybe smart shoes :eek:?

If MS doesn't get support going for wearable tech they'll be left behind. I believe BT4.0 is a key step but having an open enough OS is the other. This is where MS has failed with it's OS. Way too locked down.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was to little to use Symbian but I can only infer that Symbian was a very good os

It was good but could have been a lot better. Lot's of people bagged the N8 and other devices and kept saying things like they do about iOS these days. A bit long in the tooth. Looks old. etc.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If MS doesn't get support going for wearable tech they'll be left behind. I believe BT4.0 is a key step but having an open enough OS is the other. This is where MS has failed with it's OS. Way too locked down.

I don't think the os is locked down but I don't use my phone as a computer:p so maybe that's why I don't have that complaint but I do believe msft had something to do with wearable tech

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think the os is locked down but I don't use my phone as a computer:p so maybe that's why I don't have that complaint but I do believe msft had something to do with wearable tech

The OS is locked down, that's why we lack features in certain apps. The OS is too tight to allow those features. For example with Instagram, we can't get video support. That kind of thing. So yes, the OS is too tight and is locked down way too hard. It looks like WP8.1 will fix that though.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It was good but could have been a lot better. Lot's of people bagged the N8 and other devices and kept saying things like they do about iOS these days. A bit long in the tooth. Looks old. etc.

So in other words it died because it was stale :/?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The OS is locked down, that's why we lack features in certain apps. The OS is too tight to allow those features. For example with Instagram, we can't get video support. That kind of thing. So yes, the OS is too tight and is locked down way too hard. It looks like WP8.1 will fix that though.

I read about that, I was surprised that it wasn't allowed to upload videos. I don't use alot of apps for social networking so I didn't know
About that. I wonder what else 8.1 will fix errr better yet improve on

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

No Elop killed it along with other developments by jumping on WP. Haven't you ever heard of the 'Burning Platform Memo'?

No i didn't. All I really knew was that Symbian was already in decline before elop killed it off

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No i didn't. All I really knew was that Symbian was already in decline before elop killed it off

There's no doubt Nokia fell asleep at the wheel and paid dearly for it.

There will always be debate on whether WP was the best move or not for Nokia. To some it was. However depending on whether or not your a business person, the fact Nokia handsets will no longer exist makes me think otherwise.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There's no doubt Nokia fell asleep at the wheel and paid dearly for it.

There will always be debate on whether WP was the best move or not for Nokia. To some it was. However depending on whether or not your a business person, the fact Nokia handsets will no longer exist makes me think otherwise.

either way nokia would of had a hard time keeping Symbian alive with the competition they have now

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My brother had one of those I loved that phone so much!

I have kept it because it has the picture of the Mona Lisa at the Louvre in it without a crowd and I got close enough to take a good picture. Need to get it off that phone and onto some place safer:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea