WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I did like my N8 when I had it. Took a really nice picture. The sad part was the lack of support for it. Symbian was in it's death throws at the time. Oh well.

throws versus"throes"? Time for me to play the grammar/spelling police:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I did like my N8 when I had it. Took a really nice picture. The sad part was the lack of support for it. Symbian was in it's death throws at the time. Oh well.

That's why I want to get one. Some of my favorite handsets ran Symbian - e63 and e71 came to mind. If I do pick it up (which looks like that will be tomorrow because coworkers want to go drinking later today), I would take that and my 8X when i go home to Jamaica to visit and use the N8 to take pictures and make calls down there. It is interesting some of the shared functionality between WP and Symbian - for instance you can use a Symbian device to recover a bad memory card corrupted in a WP model. Nokis seems to to very well and making these damn good but lack of support models - N8, N9, 808...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

o.o so this is how it feels when I don't have anything to say because I don't know any of these topics. I never used Symbian or I don't know what rammstein is ;P

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No Elop killed it along with other developments by jumping on WP. Haven't you ever heard of the 'Burning Platform Memo'?

This is the part where I jump in and say that for all the Symbian/Meego apologists (not you, Rue), people forget the market was changing. Nokia had gotten too big - like Moto & RIM before it, HTC & Sony Ercisson (popularity wise) and Apple & Samsung after it - they didn't respond to the touchscreen shift well and as such, had to cut bait with Symbian before a wave of cheap Android handsets eat them alive in the low end market. As much as I liked Symbian and WebOS they both had enough reasons why they needed to go - Symbian was the equivalent of Windows Mobile, and WebOS didn't get enough traction because of being placed on inferior hardware and even more inferior management. It takes a lot of things to happen for an OS to take off - that's what the folks at Jolla are finding out...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

o.o so this is how it feels when I don't have anything to say because I don't know any of these topics. I never used Symbian or I don't know what rammstein is ;P

Oh, you always have something to say, even when no one is saying anything, because you can always keep on posting....kinda like talking aloud to yourself:)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

20 Minuten - ?Wer eine Xbox One wollte, besitzt schon eine? - Games

"Everybody who wanted an Xbox One already owns one."

Lead: "Indifferent to being without understanding: Reactions regarding the official release of the Xbox One in in September differ in the Playstation Country Switzerland."

Maybe there's just enough money in Switzerland for Microsoft, as we are not only Playstation country but also iPhone country and Google country. So maybe they just gave up on us.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

" educational" he says :p but anyways what I get is that the American influence is everywhere so they say we all live in America or that they are poking fun of America so saying the moon landing was fake ;P

Not bad. The German text implies that the USA (they mean the USA by saying America, South American and Canadian people probably wouldn't agree) forces the rest of the world to do whatever they want. And the video implies that it all is a farce and their only goal is to make money.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

20 Minuten - ?Wer eine Xbox One wollte, besitzt schon eine? - Games

"Everybody who wanted an Xbox One already owns one."

Lead: "Indifferent to being without understanding: Reactions regarding the official release of the Xbox One in in September differ in the Playstation Country Switzerland."

Maybe there's just enough money in Switzerland for Microsoft, as we are not only Playstation country but also iPhone country and Google country. So maybe they just gave up on us.
I don't have an xbox one but I don't have one :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not bad. The German text implies that the USA (they mean the USA by saying America, South American and Canadian people probably wouldn't agree) forces the rest of the world to do whatever they want. And the video implies that it all is a farce and their only goal is to make money.

that's how other countries look at America. as the bad kid in school who is looked as the bad influence to other kids :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I like this
GPaBpwM.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's a Swiss song I like. I think most of Swiss music is very blunt and usually badly produced, which also applies to most things of this band. But this particular one I like. And there are people having cuddling in the clip, that's always good. I don't think they are having sex (like actors pretending to have sex, not real sex), as they seem to wear underwear, even though that's what they probably went for. Maybe I am overanalyzing this.

Lovebugs - The Key - YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077