WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Recently I watched The Monuments Men. I thought it was okay, even though it was very unagiated and had no real climax. But what I thought was really bad (I expected more of you Georg!) was the be portrayal of the nationalities:

The Germans: All of them are evil and bad. All of them. No exception.
The French: They are pretty much either stupid, funny side-kicks or they are helpless. And of course they want sex.
The Americans: The heroes, they only want the best for everybody. They are selfless and upright.

I should start my experiment now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Recently I watched The Monuments Men. I thought it was okay, even though it was very unagiated and had no real climax. But what I thought was really bad (I expected more of you Georg!) was the be portrayal of the nationalities:

The Germans: All of them are evil and bad. All of them. No exception.
The French: They are pretty much either stupid, funny side-kicks or they are helpless. And of course they want sex.
The Americans: The heroes, they only want the best for everybody. They are selfless and upright.

I should start my experiment now.

Sounds like a typical American war movie then.

They did say it wasn't very well done.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like a typical American war movie then.

They did say it wasn't very well done.

I just realized I forgot the Russians. They have no character traits, they are just invading. They however want the art to give it to their people because of their stupid system. Basically they were only in the movie to make it more thrilling, but as they never really encounter anybody, they are just driving around. Nonetheless, the Americans of course make fun of them in the end.

What I liked about the movies were the set pieces though and the the general story, as well as the actors. It could have been good I guess.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just realized I forgot the Russians. They have no character traits, they are just invading. They however want the art to give it to their people because of their stupid system. Basically they were only in the movie to make it more thrilling, but as they never really encounter anybody, they are just driving around. Nonetheless, the Americans of course make fun of them in the end.

What I liked about the movies were the set pieces though and the the general story, as well as the actors. It could have been good I guess.

So the movie was really a 'spoof'. A comedy of sorts. Purposely using stereotypes by the sounds of it. So in all reality it's possibly more cleaver than what people give it credit for.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So the movie was really a 'spoof'. A comedy of sorts. Purposely using stereotypes by the sounds of it. So in all reality it's possibly more cleaver than what people give it credit for.

The movie doesn't know what it wants to be. Or I guess it wanted to be a serious comedy, but instead of serious it was blunt and instead of comedy it was dull. It just didn't add up. At times it felt like a documentation, but with Hollywood stars that tried to be funny and at the same time tragic.

I liked the set pieces though, they were great and probably made for most of my enjoyment of the movie.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I started my experiment now. The parameters are not perfect but I can't change it now. Let's see how it goes.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I found a very funny (but offensive so i won't post any links) website full of maps of particular continents with countries giving "opinions" on them, some made me cry with laughter, but again. I won't really go too deep into it. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I found a very funny (but offensive so i won't post any links) website full of maps of particular continents with countries giving "opinions" on them, some made me cry with laughter, but again. I won't really go too deep into it. :)

I think I may have seen that one or similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss