WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

i think the bbz10 was cool when i first saw it but it was confusing when i was playing with it. i didn't know how to use it but it did look nice :)
It just gave me a headache. I always pick up smartphones and use them without reading any instruction manuals. I've never needed to RTFM when using Windows Phones, iPhones or Androids. The BB Z10 was different. I wouldn't want anything that required reading a manual in order to use. I even run Linux without needing to refer to the MAN page often. BB10 was just something that would've given me a headache to use.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I did try a BB Z10 in the T-Mobile store once it was released. I had difficulty with the gestures and couldn't figure out how to use the thing. I'm not new to smartphones, and I've never had trouble using iPhones/Androids that belong to friends/family or are in stores. I've posted on the forums using a Samsung Galaxy S3 in a store. The BB10 UI was clunky and unintuitive. If I had trouble using it, despite not being new to smartphones, I'd expect other people to have trouble using it.

when I was about to get Lumia 920 , I tried out s4 which was still the same in performance and UI , later they showed me z10 , forced me to buy BB , those gestures were ugly , swipe here there up down , I need a big manual to learn the OS , and the store lack many apps , then I asked for something unique , LUMIA 920 was innovative at that time , pureview camera , cinemagraph , live tiles made my attention and purchased the phone in 5 mins after the demo :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

when I was about to get Lumia 920 , I tried out s4 which was still the same in performance and UI , later they showed me z10 , forced me to buy BB , those gestures were ugly , swipe here there up down , I need a big manual to learn the OS , and the store lack many apps , then I asked for something unique , LUMIA 920 was innovative at that time , pureview camera , cinemagraph , live tiles made my attention and purchased the phone in 5 mins after the demo :)
I also thought the z10 was small compared to the Lumia 900. Plus I wanted Netflix, which wasn't available for BB10, but WP had it.

Now the Lumia 920 really makes the z10 look small.

I also love the Lumia 920 camera. I printed pictures from my Lumia 920 using the Walgreens app. The prints looked as good as 35mm film prints. From what I've read, the z10 doesn't have a very good camera, and camera is something I like on my mobile devices.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

the phone is perfect for her , how much does the battery last on that phone , I think 2-3 days ?
You're right. 3 days is about how long till she needs to charge it. I'm not going to tell her to get a smartphone, since her LG feature phone works great for what she does.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

It just gave me a headache. I always pick up smartphones and use them without reading any instruction manuals. I've never needed to RTFM when using Windows Phones, iPhones or Androids. The BB Z10 was different. I wouldn't want anything that required reading a manual in order to use. I even run Linux without needing to refer to the MAN page often. BB10 was just something that would've given me a headache to use.

I found BB10 to be a joy to use, the lack of apps currently doesn't bother me due to apk compatibility. :)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I found BB10 to be a joy to use, the lack of apps currently doesn't bother me due to apk compatibility. :)

I was interested in BB10, but when I actually say it, I found BB10 to be very disappointing. I'm sticking with WP, and if that's gone, I'll go iOS or android.

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I was interested in BB10, but when I actually say it, I found BB10 to be very disappointing. I'm sticking with WP, and if that's gone, I'll go iOS or android.

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

If WP8 were to go, i'd go Android, but a BB10 device (Z30) would be a close second. ;)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Oh well it's gonna be a long day!! :D

Sent from Andro&%$@#?......*overpowering* Windows Phone 8...the great!!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

o.o no I just didn't want to say anything about my ex :p since you know I can g only so far with my complaints over me missing my ex :winktongue:
So you talk to me only because you can whine about your ex -_-

Sent from Andro&%$@#?......*overpowering* Windows Phone 8...the great!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad