WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I won't comment about mobile speeds. I'm lucky to get 3G at work. :/ There's 4G available but I refuse to pay the absurd prices.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I won't comment about mobile speeds. I'm lucky to get 3G at work. :/ There's 4G available but I refuse to pay the absurd prices.

We were talking about mobile speeds?

I have 3G, if my phone would support faster speeds I would have them. My provider doesn't charge extra for it, there are others that do.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yes, very glad.

I want to go home and play with my iPad ;-)

I will admit, i love my iPad too, but i like my Surface 2 more, i get more use out of it. ;)

Sorry if it sounds like a ****** post, it isn't. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We were talking about mobile speeds?

I have 3G, if my phone would support faster speeds I would have them. My provider doesn't charge extra for it, there are others that do.

Yep, that was Laura's mobile speed. I occasionally hit H+ but not full bar. Even if I do get full bar, it's not necessarily running at that speed.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I will admit, i love my iPad too, but i like my Surface 2 more, i get more use out of it. ;)

Sorry if it sounds like a ****** post, it isn't. :)

With Office (a more touch friendly Office than on the Surface) and Remote Desktop, and a Microsoft Exchange app, and OneDrive, I don't see what the Surface 2 would have to offer much more. Most of all because the iPad has the apps.

Of course, you can connect a mouse or an USB stick, but I didn't buy a tablet to replace a laptop. When I need a new laptop, I'll probably buy a real one with my iPad in mind now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

With Office (a more touch friendly Office than on the Surface) and Remote Desktop, and a Microsoft Exchange app, and OneDrive, I don't see what the Surface 2 would have to offer much more. Most of all because the iPad has the apps.

Of course, you can connect a mouse or an USB stick, but I didn't buy a tablet to replace a laptop. When I need a new laptop, I'll probably buy a real one with my iPad in mind now.

Using Office on a tablet without a keyboard, regardless how 'touch' friendly it is will be painful. I haven't used it on my phone since I've owned a WP. I've reviewed documents but that's about it.

Surface 2 is useful in a different way but is way behind iPad when it comes to apps, if that is what you want. If you just want productivity then a Surface 2 will suffice. However, I can't agree with the price of the Surface 2. I find it way too expensive regardless how good the build quality is.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Using Office on a tablet without a keyboard, regardless how 'touch' friendly it is will be painful. I haven't used it on my phone since I've owned a WP. I've reviewed documents but that's about it.

Surface 2 is useful in a different way but is way behind iPad when it comes to apps, if that is what you want. If you just want productivity then a Surface 2 will suffice. However, I can't agree with the price of the Surface 2. I find it way too expensive regardless how good the build quality is.

I want to be able to make little changes to a document, and I want to be able to fill in values into an Excel sheet when I run an experiment. Most of all for the second one, touch friendliness is key.

If I really have to work with Office, I have a computer with a big screen in my lab and at home, and I also have a laptop in case I have to work while traveling.

I might have liked the possibility to connect a screen to the Surface, for presentations, but if I'm honest to myself I guess I wouldn't use it often.

Apart from Office I don't see where the Surface 2 should be more productive. It offers no software to be productive. Windows 8 tablets are different though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Apart from Office I don't see where the Surface 2 should be more productive. It offers no software to be productive. Windows 8 tablets are different though.

Main thing is that Surface 2 offers true multitasking where an iPad doesn't. It has other features that are nice but I don't know enough about them to comment.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Main thing is that Surface 2 offers true multitasking where an iPad doesn't. It has other features that are nice but I don't know enough about them to comment.

I like the iPad's multitasking. I don't really see a scenario how real multitasking helps productivity on the Surface? (I don't want to be a pain, I really can't think of one...)

Split screen yes, that can be an advantage I guess.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like the iPad's multitasking. I don't really see a scenario how real multitasking helps productivity on the Surface? (I don't want to be a pain, I really can't think of one...)

We need someone who owns a Surface to tell us. :p I don't know enough and even when I ask people to tell me about Surface 2 I never get a straight answer. :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Split screen and USB ports are a HUGE advantage.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Using the built in screen I can split screen in 4 different ways on Surface Pro/RT. On external high res monitor up to 4 way split screen plus two on built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I will say my Surface 2 has replaced my laptop for almost everything I do.

The only time I use my laptop is if im using office or specific software and using hyper V.

I have use my Surface 2 to write a few pages for reviews and had no issue with using word.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99