WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Someone said they were getting the Surface 2 for it awesome split screen and true multitasking with office included!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You know very well windows phone 8.1 will shape the OS , not par to android but yes it will somehow match upto ios which includes VPN , uploading files from ie , notification centre , cortana , action centre (control centre in ios ) , lastly how many apps have you installed on your android , when I used to use s3 there were more than 30+ apps( I didn't included the preinstalled bloat ware ) , it was slow as a turtle or he was high on heroin :p
I was so frustrated which made me switch to windows phone and after switching I got to know , I do t need those 30 useless apps , only 7-8 of them were useful for me , anyways enjoy android ;)

I don't want to invest too much time into Android as I will only have it for two weeks anyway.

With About the same apps I use usually on Windows Phone, the Galaxy S4 Mini is very fast and responsive, no problems at all so far.

You compare the 30 apps you didn't use on Android to the 7 apps you use on WP. Maybe you should just have removed the other 23 apps :p

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

What does "true multitasking" mean and where is the advantage?

open 2 apps at the same time , for eg using Skype and watching a video at the same time (by splitting the screen) , or playing a metro game , or or using your fav Microsoft office :) which not at all possible on ipad as soon as you switch through apps , it just suspends the previous opened app :(

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

open 2 apps at the same time , for eg using Skype and watching a video at the same time (by splitting the screen) , or playing a metro game , or or using your fav Microsoft office :) which not at all possible on ipad as soon as you switch through apps , it just suspends the previous opened app :(

Split screen can be nice, but I see it as a separate feature.

So I can't Skype in the background on iOS?

For everything else I don't see a reason why I should care about suspended apps without split screen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, this is huge for me. I write papers this way on my T100, where I have the Word document open in one side and keep the other side free to open the internet to look for references or to have PDFs open with the articles in pulling information on. I wouldn't dare do that on an iPad, because the frustration of using their task manager for this would have me dig up Steve Jobs and curse his *** out.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Split screen can be nice, but I see it as a separate feature.

So I can't Skype in the background on iOS?

For everything else I don't see a reason why I should care about suspended apps without split screen.

well you can but only with audio , you can not see your pretty girlfriend while using office :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. The weather here looks to be typical early spring/English style weather - cold and rainy. After an unintentional but well needed rest day, I'm back at it again...going to cook and do laundry and work on assignments.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Oh, this is huge for me. I write papers this way on my T100, where I have the Word document open in one side and keep the other side free to open the internet to look for references or to have PDFs open with the articles in pulling information on. I wouldn't dare do that on an iPad, because the frustration of using their task manager for this would have me dig up Steve Jobs and curse his *** out.

true , it's just a pain for me when I copy codes from website , open safari , now swipe left -right with four fingers to swipe between open apps which has many hiccups (due to old A5X processor on my iPad but it wont be a pain on snowflake new iPad air with A7 64bit chipset ) , apple iPad has a large canvas to do all this , Microsoft cleverly implemented this feature so why can't you :( , now in future if they do , they will call it revolutionary and first time on tablet lol

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. The weather here looks to be typical early spring/English style weather - cold and rainy. After an unintentional but well needed rest day, I'm back at it again...going to cook and do laundry and work on assignments.

morning , have a good day ahead mia :)
what are you going to cook today ?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I get it, when you guys talk about true multitasking you basically always mean split screen. Makes sense, fair enough.

I see it as a separate feature, but it's clear that one means nothing without the other one.

I'm just slow sometimes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm pissed at my boss. On Friday he stuck me with a "dog and pony show assignment" for tomorrow in the middle of the day". There is some high level management community partner that I have to tour through the facility and baby sit for a few hours(!) So I have to shave later today and get into work earlier to clean up my office some. I had plans to do some assignments at work tomorrow between patients. This sucks big time...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Having apps working in background still which makes it great if your constantly going between apps.

For example I can play youtube video (or music service) on internet explorer go off it then have another two apps in split screen with the internet explorer youtube video (or music service) still playing without having to be on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers