WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

[News] You need to upgrade your SD card for WP8.1 and some bad news for 520 owners

Posted by: wp8hub in - WP8 News & Leaks - March 31, 2014

sdc
You need to upgrade your SD card for WP8.1 and some bad news for 520 owners
Windows Phone 8.1 brings the new capability to install apps on the microSD card, if developers allow of course, and will allow users to no longer be limited in any way by the built-in storage on their phone.
CXC reports however that Microsoft has set some special requirements for using memory cards to install apps on Windows Phone 8.1.
According to them a minimum of Class 6 SDHC card is required, with Class 10 recommended.
Class 4 and below will not be supported, with the OS automatically detecting the speed on insertion.
If the card is too slow users will not be offered to move apps from the phone to the card.
The requirement should also help users avoid performance issues when saving video to external cards, which can be stuttery when bitrates are high.
520 owners-
Separately it also confirm that the 3 column screen option will be confined to screens with a physical size bigger or equal to 4.5 inches, excluding the Nokia Lumia 520 and 620 for example.

This has been mentioned in a thread today and to save you time you could just post the link.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This has been mentioned in a thread today and to save you time you could just post the link.

He's been posting similar messages all over other threads... I was going to say something but I don't have Ambassador or Mod status. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Really, now?

Well, I'm currently rotting away at home. Do feel free on enlightening me about these so-called "offline activities."*

* - Well, so says the one who has gone several days without an internet connection. And has lived to die another day, of course ;)

It's called, work, being married and travel. Just to name three. :p

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

It's always been a mess. :p

Everyone is just overly excited about BUILD. Weeeeee, BUILD... yay MS got off their buts and put out an OS update. Yippee! Yahoo! :p
That's true but I'm gonna wait to see the new features till i get the update.....hard to resist when all I see when I open wpc is Windows 8.1 news

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Did I mention that I really hate Nintendo? How can anybody like this company and their crappy products. It's only for children, but it's not good and expensive. Nobody buys the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS is only slightly successful, because not everybody has an iPhone or iPad yet. It will be gone soon enough.

But the users, the people who buy Nintendo product, they are really the worst. I can't stand them, talking about how they like Super Mario and Link. No, I drives me crazy. If I had one wish, only one wish, I'd purge Nintendo off this planet.
Nice try at getting me angry ;)

I call myself a Nintendo fan, but I'm not a fan of how they try to milk Mario, and I haven't played the Zelda series. Oh, by the way, there are a myriad more Nintendo franchises out there - some of which I haven't played in any way or form yet ;)

P.S. The 3DS is popular for one reason and one reason alone - the unique experience that it and its games provide. Oh, and weren't you complaining about the lack of innovation in the industry right now? Well, if you want Nintendo to die...let's just leave it at that and let your mind ponder upon this.

It's also ridiculously hard trying to type with a 3DS.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

He's been posting similar messages all over other threads... I was going to say something but I don't have Ambassador or Mod status. :p

I notice I thought I just mention it easy to post the link instead of the full article from different sources then members can go to the link and know where the information is from.

If a thread mentioning it just put the link.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Nokia Lumia 930 to miss BUILD conference; Windows Phone 8.1 OTA update coming in May?

Nokia Lumia 930 to miss BUILD conference; Windows Phone 8.1 OTA update coming in May?

Recently, we passed along some speculation that the Nokia Lumia 630, and the Nokia Lumia 930, would both be unveiled at the BUILD conference on April 2nd. Since that rumor started making the rounds, we have seen many leaks related to the Lumia 630, including a video of the phone running Windows Phone 8.1. At the same time, there has been nothing about the Nokia Lumia 930.

The lack of any leaks involving the Nokia Lumia 930 could be due to a new rumor, which states that the Lumia 930 will not join the Lumia 630 at the BUILD conference after all. According to the rumor, the low-end Nokia Lumia 630 will appear at the event along with some new apps from Nokia. Both Lumia models are still expected to be released in April.

According to the same rumor, the delayed Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview, which was expected to be unveiled at BUILD, will be delayed until April 8th instead. And Microsoft is now expected to push out the Windows Phone 8.1 update OTA to Lumia owners, starting in early May. Windows Phone users who have been waiting for their own virtual voice-activated assistant, can hardly wait.

PHONEARENA.COM.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Nice try at getting me angry ;)

I call myself a Nintendo fan, but I'm not a fan of how they try to milk Mario, and I haven't played the Zelda series. Oh, by the way, there are a myriad more Nintendo franchises out there - some of which I haven't played in any way or form yet ;)

P.S. The 3DS is popular for one reason and one reason alone - the unique experience that it and its games provide. Oh, and weren't you complaining about the lack of innovation in the industry right now? Well, if you want Nintendo to die...let's just leave it at that and let your mind ponder upon this.

It's also ridiculously hard trying to type with a 3DS.

I own a Nintendo 3DS and if I'd buy a console it would be a Wii U.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

yeah because this affects many many people thats why!!

Most people consider it spam when it doesn't reflect the OP of the thread you post on. You'll end up getting red flagged if you do that.

Also, it's just rumour until the official news comes out. Most people who have any care will know the information you're spreading already anyway.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I don't see why I should pay 100$ for a room decoration :/ which I can easily get for 30$ :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Recently, we passed along some speculation that the Nokia Lumia 630, and the Nokia Lumia 930, would both be unveiled at the BUILD conference on April 2nd. Since that rumor started making the rounds, we have seen many leaks related to the Lumia 630, including a video of the phone running Windows Phone 8.1. At the same time, there has been nothing about the Nokia Lumia 930.

The lack of any leaks involving the Nokia Lumia 930 could be due to a new rumor, which states that the Lumia 930 will not join the Lumia 630 at the BUILD conference after all. According to the rumor, the low-end Nokia Lumia 630 will appear at the event along with some new apps from Nokia. Both Lumia models are still expected to be released in April.

According to the same rumor, the delayed Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview, which was expected to be unveiled at BUILD, will be delayed until April 8th instead. And Microsoft is now expected to push out the Windows Phone 8.1 update OTA to Lumia owners, starting in early May. Windows Phone users who have been waiting for their own virtual voice-activated assistant, can hardly wait.

PHONEARENA.COM.

You can just provide a link instead of posting a wall of text. This is actually a conversation thread. We do try to talk to one another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte