WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

One doubt, We can get US specific Bing features by changing phone region to US. Can we get Cortana the same way???

I sort of doubt it will be that simple. Also, being completely honest, I don't think we should have to change our regional settings to use something that should be available to everyone at the same time.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I sort of doubt it will be that simple. Also, being completely honest, I don't think we should have to change our regional settings to use something that should be available to everyone at the same time.

Then, what do you suggest we do??

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Then, what do you suggest we do??

You'll probably still have Cortana but not the voice part. That's a guess. Would be stupid to not install the function in WP8.1 on all phones.

I have a feeling Cortana is more intelligent and would be able to recognise that you're not in the right region.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm still shocked that it not even coming to the UK where there more shares than the US and with have the same language so nothing change.

I know somebody said MS will have to integrate Bing services to it but still that shouldn't be a hard task for MS.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So, cortana will be installed on all devices after 8.1 but no one except US can use it!!!!
Will there be Bing search only for the rest of the world!!!!

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm still shocked that it not even coming to the UK where there more shares than the US and with have the same language so nothing change.

I know somebody said MS will have to integrate Bing services to it but still that shouldn't be a hard task for MS.

In US language is English (US)
In UK language is English (UK)
In India language is English(India)

Can't they just create a single Language named English and release it for countries where English is used??

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Can't they just create a single Language named English and release it for countries where English is used??

US, UK, Canada and Australian English are all a bit different. Not sure about India but I'd assume it's similar to the UK?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Have you heard some the accents in the UK??? Wait a second.... some in the US are not that great either...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, cortana will be installed on all devices after 8.1 but no one except US can use it!!!!
Will there be Bing search only for the rest of the world!!!!

I'm guessing the basic features of Cortana will be there but I don't know. That's just a guess. I thinking that just the voice part will be missing.

Cortana is a feature I probably will only rarely use so it's not a big deal to me anyway.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm guessing the basic features of Cortana will be there but I don't know. That's just a guess. I thinking that just the voice part will be missing.

Cortana is a feature I probably will only rarely use so it's not a big deal to me anyway.

I will also not use it much often. People will think I'm crazy talking to my phone!!!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

No they can't because there difference between each one that another reason why it take a while to delivery Cortana.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I will also not use it much often. People will think I'm crazy talking to my phone!!!

Exactly. I doubt many people use any of the voice functions on their phones, especially when they're out in public. Maybe at home or in the car they can act like it's Star Trek but in reality not many people are going to use the voice dictation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo