WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

that sucks :( I'm sorry

That was many years ago now. About 11 or 12 years now. It's unfortunate that they never figured it out. I often wonder if the meds they gave her cause her liver damage though. I sometimes they she may have been a hypochondriac but I don't know.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I had absolutely no idea you had an 8x or 920... Until i read your post a few pages back.

Well, i guess HTC is somewhat slow to get updates, then again my fathers 520 got GDR3 two weeks after mine did and i got the Lumia Black firmware a month after his...

psssssssst I have a lot of phones that I don't talk about :p

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

That was many years ago now. About 11 or 12 years now. It's unfortunate that they never figured it out. I often wonder if the meds they gave her cause her liver damage though. I sometimes they she may have been a hypochondriac but I don't know.

I thought medicines usually affect the kidney but could be so! maybe they didn't think her liver is damaged and they kept giving the wrong ones....I hate when the doctors use their experience more than the lab reports....they should do a full check up if they are not sure what is the problem :mad: last year when my sister was pregnant, her baby had diaphragmatic hernia and the doctors in India found it as soon as they saw the scan reports but another doctor said the baby doesn't have and she is fine :| they had to operate the new born baby and her in laws decided that they will stop the life support the baby was on. I don't know why the doctors have to be so confident about their experiences....they are humans too :|

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought medicines usually affect the kidney but could be so! maybe they didn't think her liver is damaged and they kept giving the wrong ones....I hate when the doctors use their experience more than the lab reports....they should do a full check up if they are not sure what is the problem :mad: last year when my sister was pregnant, her baby had diaphragmatic hernia and the doctors in India found it as soon as they saw the scan reports but another doctor said the baby doesn't have and she is fine :| they had to operate the new born baby and her in laws decided that they will stop the life support the baby was on. I don't know why the doctors have to be so confident about their experiences....they are humans too :|

Medicines can be harmful to both the kidneys and liver in the body as well as other parts. Depends on the meds. She was a bit of a hard drinker when younger but then so are a lot of people. :p

I've come to the conclusion that doctors are human and make mistakes. We can only hope that as time goes along the mistakes will become less and less but the human body, well any complex organism, is just that, complex. Until 3D imaging x-rays and other things that are more 'insightful' into the human body are more common we're going to continue to have poor diagnostics. Of course lots of tests can tell us a lot about the body too so better diagnostics will always help.

As our population gets older and larger and with the doctor pool gets smaller in comparison or having poorly trained doctors, we're going to continue to see issues. There's been so many stories I've heard in recent years.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No news media here really cared much about the WP announcement. They mostly concentrated on Cortana, which wasn't surprising.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think most people don't realise that not all the features were shown at the keynote. Then there's the Cortana beta issue. People are just frustrated with MS.

It was a developer conference and WP8.1 is still in development, I think people forget that when they were watching or reading the news.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It was a developer conference and WP8.1 is still in development, I think people forget that when they were watching or reading the news.

WP8.1 is with manufactures so no, it's not really in development as such. The phones are to be released by the end of this month. Updates supposedly around June or July.

People are unhappy because they expected more than what's shown up. You're never going to satisfy everyone but there's a lot of people who are very unhappy about the lack of a file manager for example, among other things.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Medicines can be harmful to both the kidneys and liver in the body as well as other parts. Depends on the meds. She was a bit of a hard drinker when younger but then so are a lot of people. :p

I've come to the conclusion that doctors are human and make mistakes. We can only hope that as time goes along the mistakes will become less and less but the human body, well any complex organism, is just that, complex. Until 3D imaging x-rays and other things that are more 'insightful' into the human body are more common we're going to continue to have poor diagnostics. Of course lots of tests can tell us a lot about the body too so better diagnostics will always help.

As our population gets older and larger and with the doctor pool gets smaller in comparison or having poorly trained doctors, we're going to continue to see issues. There's been so many stories I've heard in recent years.
I remember when a car ran over my foot in India the doctor just examined it and said then tendons are apart....and when another doctor did an x ray....my bone had a dent in it -_- lol
not many doctors now a days :( all I can see are thousands of engineers who have no idea what they are doing

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

WP8.1 is with manufactures so no, it's not really in development as such. The phones are to be released by the end of this month. Updates supposedly around June or July.

People are unhappy because they expected more than what's shown up. You're never going to satisfy everyone but there's a lot of people who are very unhappy about the lack of a file manager for example, among other things.

Well we know Nokia devices aren't getting release till May for the 630 and 635 and June for the 930.

I still say it in development due to OEM's added there stuff onto it and MS will be given them updates.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well we know Nokia devices aren't getting release till May for the 630 and 635 and June for the 930.

I still say it in development due to OEM's added there stuff onto it and MS will be given them updates.

But that's due to OEMs, not WP8.1. You're talking two different things. The dev preview (yes I know) is out next week. We know that's more or less the final release.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I remember when a car ran over my foot in India the doctor just examined it and said then tendons are apart....and when another doctor did an x ray....my bone had a dent in it -_- lol
not many doctors now a days :( all I can see are thousands of engineers who have no idea what they are doing
o.o. bad doctors !!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb