WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

jaqudyna.jpg

Well, what can I say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hey Chregu, it looks like I'm planning a trip to Switzerland in August. We're heading to the Bern area, specifically around Oberhofen. Any suggestions of things we should know?

I'm not sure if I have been to Oberhofen in the last few years. But I've been to Thun and the area around there. It's beautiful, you're very near to the mountains and I recommend a trip on top of one of them. There are quite a few trips you could make:

Stadt Thun: Excursions from Thun

Else there's not much I could say. It's a touristic region in Switzerland. It will be slightly expensive but usually it doesn't go to extremes. People will be friendly, most of them will speak at least basic English, in hotels they will speak good English. There's great public transport (there's public transport by ship on the lake, you should do that, it's very nice) and it's mostly very save.

If you can make it, go to Bern. It's a beautiful city and our capital.

Attractions - Bern Tourism

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure if I have been to Oberhofen in the last few years. But I've been to Thun and the area around there. It's beautiful, you're very near to the mountains and I recommend a trip on top of one of them. There are quite a few trips you could make:

Stadt Thun: Excursions from Thun

Else there's not much I could say. It's a touristic region in Switzerland. It will be slightly expensive but usually it doesn't go to extremes. People will be friendly, most of them will speak at least basic English, in hotels they will speak good English. There's great public transport (there's public transport by ship on the lake, you should do that, it's very nice) and it's mostly very save.

If you can make it, go to Bern. It's a beautiful city and our capital.

Attractions - Bern Tourism

Thanks for that! :D

We're investigating a B&B on lake Thun. We're planning on doing a couple of boat trips (they do a BBQ night on one of the boats) but I didn't realise there were trips into the mountains! So thanks for that! We may have to spend another day there!

We're doing a road trip from Calais down to Bern. Making some stops along the way there and back. We're still sorting out our plan.

We were planning on staying in Bern but it is, like you say, very expensive. We like beautiful cities and scenery and when we saw lake Thun it won out over Bern. We may still stop in it though. :)

Our other plans are to go to Luxembourg on the way down and Reims (champagne country) on the way back. Other possible stops are Dijon and Strasbourg.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Today would be a good day to convince GF to call out and stay home...but there are coverage issues on my team at work, so I won't do it. I wish I could have though...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Today would be a good day to convince GF to call out and stay home...but there are coverage issues on my team at work, so I won't do it. I wish I could have though...

Funny, I felt like staying home too. Must be that kind of day. :p

It's a bit gloomy here, has all the feelings of staying at home.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that! :D

We're investigating a B&B on lake Thun. We're planning on doing a couple of boat trips (they do a BBQ night on one of the boats) but I didn't realise there were trips into the mountains! So thanks for that! We may have to spend another day there!

We're doing a road trip from Calais down to Bern. Making some stops along the way there and back. We're still sorting out our plan.

We were planning on staying in Bern but it is, like you say, very expensive. We like beautiful cities and scenery and when we saw lake Thun it won out over Bern. We may still stop in it though. :)

Our other plans are to go to Luxembourg on the way down and Reims (champagne country) on the way back. Other possible stops are Dijon and Strasbourg.

Sounds very good.

You don't have to spend too much time in Bern. A stroll from the train station through the old town down to the bear park and back will take you 2 - 3 hours I'd say.

I'd definitely go into the mountains then. At least when the weather is good. You'll have an amazing view.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I still feel a little sick and I have dance course tonight. Well, I'll survive ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's supposed to rain here as well. Yup, it is that kind of start to the week (not hating on the rain because I do like it).

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The tracking homepage for my 8X repair still says "Device received", no news. I should get it back this week though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb