WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's bright and sunny but chilly. If the weather stays like this for the weekend I'll have to head out to some where. No idea where... Just some where.

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's bright and sunny but chilly. If the weather stays like this for the weekend I'll have to head out to some where. No idea where... Just done where.

After a day of beautiful weather we now have rain and clouds. It should get better again though.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't buy an iPad for multi-tabbing the forum. At least not with Safari, Chrome might be better.

Tabs are often freshly loaded when changing (might be a setting?) and answering threads doesn't work well (might be a forum problem, have read about a similar problem on the surface).

can please test this out on your ipad air , open 4-5 tabs (theverge , wpcentral , some heavy websites )and then open some apps like office word , spreadsheet , 7-8 apps and then go back to safari and see if it keeps them chanced in memory (currently my iPad couldn't keep them after opening 2-3 apps. it refreshes all the tabs i had opened ) since ipad air and ipad mini 2 have the specs i will get an idea. i was trying to find this test on youtube but i couldn't.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm playing around in a 3D environment... I've decided to print something... not sure if that was a good idea. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

can please test this out on your ipad air , open 4-5 tabs (theverge , wpcentral , some heavy websites )and then open some apps like office word , spreadsheet , 7-8 apps and then go back to safari and see if it keeps them chanced in memory (currently my iPad couldn't keep them after opening 2-3 apps. it refreshes all the tabs i had opened ) since ipad air and ipad mini 2 have the specs i will get an idea. i was trying to find this test on youtube but i couldn't.

As I said, Safari often refreshes tabs. I think even without multitasking. I haven't tested alternative browsers as I find it annoying but not something I'd put any effort in, I rarely use multiple tabs on a tablet/phone.

Maybe I can test other browsers at a later point, at the moment I'm unfortunately too busy (today and tomorrow I have guests in the evening, and neither them nor my boss would like me to test browsers on an iPad I guess ;-) ).

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well the funeral finished, man, they're saddening.

Often when somebody close dies, I cope well until the funeral. There were times I thought to myself "funerals make it only worse", but actually I believe that it's necessary to have something to really make yourself aware that this person is gone and you have to mourn to really move on at a later point.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yes. When get to my age you've been to a few. :/

Was it someone close? Relative? Friend?

It was my mothers, brothers wife's father.

A bit of a word riddle i know, but that's the best i could have described it. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It was my mothers, brothers wife's father.

A bit of a word riddle i know, but that's the best i could have described it. :)

Simpler.... your uncle's father in-law. That wouldn't have been an easy one.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

As I said, Safari often refreshes tabs. I think even without multitasking. I haven't tested alternative browsers as I find it annoying but not something I'd put any effort in, I rarely use multiple tabs on a tablet/phone.

Maybe I can test other browsers at a later point, at the moment I'm unfortunately too busy (today and tomorrow I have guests in the evening, and neither them nor my boss would like me to test browsers on an iPad I guess ;-) ).

Safari on the Mac is far better than it is on the iPad, i hate Safari and i use Google Chrome on my school iPad, but the annoying thing is, is that for some reason Chrome is a 17+ app on the Apple App Store, and my school won't allow 17+ apps, which is fair enough as i am "far too" young to have a different web browser.

Luckily i know how to disable the restriction, but it comes back after a while, so that is annoying. :\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)