WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. So I put the 8.1 update on my 920. It looks ok. I've got mixed feelings. Sometimes I wonder what MSFT is doing. Makes me feel like they do a good job of laying groundwork but that's it.

What attracted me to WP was among other things, how fan the music player and multimedia was. The music app seems to be getting worse with each incarnation. I know we have to take lumps sometimes for progress, but it seems MSFT does a good job of handing out those lumps...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Always interesting to see people with smartphones that have cracked screens. When I see teens have it I can certainly understand that, but when I see adults, I SMH. Some of those cracks are really bad. You'd figure people want to throw at least a screen protector to cover their fingers from potential cuts, but I suppose some folks like to be suckers for punishment.

My favorite ones are the iPhones with the below the surface compartments exposed. You know that a phone like that is one jostle of the hand or splash of water away from death. While I cannot and wouldn't tell people how to spend their money, you'd figure that is cheaper (in most cases anyways) to fix the screen that to buy a whole new phone...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Broken screens on cellphone are ugly. They would of thought after dropping a phone they would learned to put a case on it. .

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Broken screens on cellphone are ugly. They would of thought after dropping a phone they would learned to put a case on it.

I dropped my Lumia 800 and the screen was shattered. I still would never use a case. Maybe on a iPhone 5, as they are so small anyway and get ugly pretty fast.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Damn, now I'm tired. I was hoping to put off my second coffee until a bit later but looks like I'll need it sooner. :/

I have a couple of free USB sticks if anyone is interested. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Haha. Rub it in nice and deep. I get no holidays except Christmas and thanksgiving. No holiday pay. No overtime (I'm salary)....

That's one of the reasons why I'll never go to the US for a postdoc. It might be necessary or at least very, very helpful for a scientific career, but I don't think that's worth it...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's one of the reasons why I'll never go to the US for a postdoc. It might be necessary or at least very, very helpful for a scientific career, but I don't think that's worth it...

There's some good science still being done in the US but I think most of it's starting to shift out. You're better off coming here. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There's some good science still being done in the US but I think most of it's starting to shift out. You're better off coming here. :)

That's something I'd like :)

My phone does strange things with favorite pictures. There are some set without me setting them, and they can't be removed, it just ignores it if I try.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Working in a cellphone place, this is something I see way too often. They even have the gall to make me cut up my fingers to troubleshoot what is wrong. "My phone won't make calls!" Lady... With a screen that effed up, I'm surprised it's even still ON!

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

Screen protectors are great friends in situations like that. I traded an iPod touch once for a G. Nexus - the guy at the time just bought a N4 and wanted an iPod. That thing had three of the biggest cracks ever, so bad that if you jostled it too hard, it would shatter. I threw a screen protector on, and it lasted another 6 months worth of use (used it at home as a tablet).

Moral of the story, don't be a cheapass when you buy an expensive smartphone not to put a screen protector on it when cracks start to surface.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Damn, now I'm tired. I was hoping to put off my second coffee until a bit later but looks like I'll need it sooner. :/

I have a couple of free USB sticks if anyone is interested. :p

What size? I need something to back up my T100 on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte