WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I like how computer commercials are saying that MSFT it's using fear to upgrade its to Windows 8 . They said but this thing and keep windows XP 💻 forever 😱

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You're in the UK. Until recently your carriers could triple the prices and you could have done nothing about it, not even step back from the contract. Of course they are terrible.

It was the same in USA until T-Mo started shaking things up :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. So I put the 8.1 update on my 920. It looks ok. I've got mixed feelings. Sometimes I wonder what MSFT is doing. Makes me feel like they do a good job of laying groundwork but that's it.

What attracted me to WP was among other things, how fan the music player and multimedia was. The music app seems to be getting worse with each incarnation. I know we have to take lumps sometimes for progress, but it seems MSFT does a good job of handing out those lumps...

And as you would say, that is why we have options :) Time to fast using Nokia Mix Radio:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Working in a cellphone place, this is something I see way too often. They even have the gall to make me cut up my fingers to troubleshoot what is wrong. "My phone won't make calls!" Lady... With a screen that effed up, I'm surprised it's even still ON!

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

But without these morons how would I have ever learning to doc the Lumia 822s? :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You do realise that over here in the UK that most people start out with 4 weeks vacation right? That's no including any public (what we call Bank) holidays.

Yes, painfully aware of that tidbit :) Now stop gloating and rubbing salt on our wounds.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Screen protectors are great friends in situations like that. I traded an iPod touch once for a G. Nexus - the guy at the time just bought a N4 and wanted an iPod. That thing had three of the biggest cracks ever, so bad that if you jostled it too hard, it would shatter. I threw a screen protector on, and it lasted another 6 months worth of use (used it at home as a tablet).

Moral of the story, don't be a cheapass when you buy an expensive smartphone not to put a screen protector on it when cracks start to surface.

I recently acquired a Nexus 4 and will be replacing the back cover next week once it arrives from China :) Pics to follow.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

you have to be smart or have the determination to work on a PHD 😈

PhD = piled high & deep:p Just kidding, I didn't care to get it, my advisor and my mother were the two people rally disappointed. I don't think I would be in the current job that I have if I got my doctorate :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One is 4GB the other is 1GB both have 'branding' on them. The vendors give them to me. I don't need them. :/

Thanks but I have to pass. I think I need a 8GB+ stick to back up Windows 8.1. If that isn't the case I'll let you know.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

PhD = piled high & deep:p Just kidding, I didn't care to get it, my advisor and my mother were the two people rally disappointed. I don't think I would be in the current job that I have if I got my doctorate :)

Nobody really cared if I do it or not. But studying biology is stupid anyway, it really doesn't matter whether there's a PhD or not ;-)

But luckily it's fun.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720