WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There are other things but I don't want to turn it into a long discussion. :)

I can agree with that! And I certainly don't want to say anything to offend our EU pals. Or turn this into a US/Euro debate.

I stay away from the news outlets as much as I possibly can. I would like to see the landscapes and architecture of Europe. That is the one thing I enjoy when ya'll talk about your travels and weekend trips.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone over in the US watched this yet?

Home - Years Of Living Dangerously

I was able to watch the first episode online. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the rest. It's a bit over stylized for my liking and having the big stars in it adds to that flavour, however, I like the effort and hope it helps some.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I was able to watch the first episode online. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the rest. It's a bit over stylized for my liking and having the big stars in it adds to that flavour, however, I like the effort and hope it helps some.

I don't have Showtime, so I haven't heard of it. Don't know if I want to watch the first episode then not be able to follow up. Eventually it will come out on dvd or Netflix I guess.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't have Showtime, so I haven't heard of it. Don't know if I want to watch the first episode then not be able to follow up. Eventually it will come out on dvd or Netflix I guess.

Honestly, shows like that should be online and available to everyone around the world. It would be a good educator for everyone. It kind of irks me that it's a Showtime exclusive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man the browser at work sucks! Why the **** is the hospital so cheap as to have us use these old machines that they haven't optimized! This reminds me of why I didn't use IE for many years. At least on a personal level, IE was crap for a while. Now, it is good again and its the work machines that are on a POS level. I feel the need to throw eggs at IT department right now.

End of rant.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Man the browser at work sucks! Why the **** is the hospital so cheap as to have us use these old machines that they haven't optimized! This reminds me of why I didn't use IE for many years. At least on a personal level, IE was crap for a while. Now, it is good again and its the work machines that are on a POS level. I feel the need to throw eggs at IT department right now.

End of rant.

I guess what makes it worse is that the price of PCs have come down quite significantly and there's no excuse really.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

End of rant.

Just make sure they aren't hard boiled eggs somebody made for Easter. You might hurt someone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just make sure they aren't hard boiled eggs somebody made for Easter. You might hurt someone.

The point is if I hit and injure the person in charge of giving us these POS machines to use, perhaps I can get an upgrade.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

The point is if I hit and injure the person in charge of giving us these POS machines to use, perhaps I can get an upgrade.

If you injure him good enough, you can get theirs. You know the IT guys always have the best computers!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If you injure him good enough, you can get theirs. You know the IT guys always have the best computers!

A little bit of irony at my place. We recently upgraded to W7. Our engineering manager and the design supervisor ended up getting the newest and most powerful computers. The irony? Neither of them need it. They'll even admit to that. They're pretty nice guys too.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I will check it out on XBMC and revert back to you...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

A little bit of irony at my place. We recently upgraded to W7. Our engineering manager and the design supervisor ended up getting the newest and most powerful computers. The irony? Neither of them need it. They'll even admit to that. They're pretty nice guys too.

I have to say I'm guilty of having one of the newer computers. But then I tell them, I can't support something I don't have and am not familiar with. So it's not a total abuse of position. And when the ones with the newer computers have problems, I can usually help pretty quick because I have it in front of me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Our policy is pretty standard - everyone gets a laptop. People who need Solidworks get an "engineering" laptop which is heavier, slightly larger screen, larger battery and heavier power supply to lug around. Directors and above get a kinda / sorta Ultrabook. It is a fairly standard and streamlined process and no one gets any special treatment with the exception of Director and above but that too is standardized for their pay grade:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb