WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have to say I'm guilty of having one of the newer computers. But then I tell them, I can't support something I don't have and am not familiar with. So it's not a total abuse of position. And when the ones with the newer computers have problems, I can usually help pretty quick because I have it in front of me.

I have no qualms with IT having good computers. A lot of ours here are getting long in the tooth. I think mine has a bad partition. I think they're getting new machines next year or something. Not sure though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Our policy is pretty standard - everyone gets a laptop. People who need Solidworks get an "engineering" laptop which is heavier, slightly larger screen, larger battery and heavier power supply to lug around. Directors and above get a kinda / sorta Ultrabook. It is a fairly standard and streamlined process and no one gets any special treatment with the exception of Director and above but that too is standardized for their pay grade:)

Ours is pretty much the same here. We have CAD machines and admin machines etc. I think what happened is that theirs were old and they got the new machines that's all. It wasn't done on purpose or anything. I think a new run of machines is slowly coming in. At a place like this it's a slow process for anything.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

End of the work day and beginning of the long weekend! Woot! :D

Not sure when/if I'll be posting much but I may drop in from time to time. :)

Need to go home and pack. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ours is pretty much the same here. We have CAD machines and admin machines etc. I think what happened is that theirs were old and they got the new machines that's all. It wasn't done on purpose or anything. I think a new run of machines is slowly coming in. At a place like this it's a slow process for anything.

We get to keep ours for about three years. After three years, if you have a problem and contact IT, they automatically replace it because the machine is out of warranty and they do not want to touch it after that. In my entire career, I have issues with the machine usually after 36 months of ownership:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)