WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I thought so too! That words won't hurt me anymore..they just can't....but maybe I just didn't talk to people who could hurt me

I love language and I think it's one of the things that make us unique on this planet. Language can be many things, beautiful, insightful and used as a means of simply communicating. However. it can be used to oppress, anger and deceive.

Maybe it's part of my upbringing (which was not always easy) or just life experience at my age (though I'm not that old) I've learned that words are what meanings you wish to derive from them. Only you give them power to hurt you. No one else.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it's the words that hurt, it's the message they deliver...

If someone you care about says nasty things to you then obviously it will hurt. However, if it's just some jerks then it's up to you to decide if it matters or not. That's sort of what I was trying to imply.

At the end of the day, meaning is what you make of it. There are many people on the internet who say vile things to other people but if you met them in every day life you probably wouldn't guess it. Circumstances and opportunity can make all the difference unfortunately.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

I've never been a fan of keyboard warriors or internet gangsters - those who talk tough online and use the internet to say stuff that they would only do in real life in their minds. The world is filled with enough junk as is that negativity from those people are so unnecessary.

As for the Chris Brown stuff earlier, he's still a kid who hasn't grown up yet. I may have a few songs from him in my collection, but I don't listen to his music for two reasons. One is I'm on one of those long cycles where commercial pop music isn't on my rotation. The second reason is that he hasn't shown that he understand what his actions have done. Dude has anger issues. Seriously. Cannot be supportive of anyone who hits a woman and doesn't get it. That's on my short list of no-no's. Perhaps if he shows true contrition by action only my stance will soften, but until then...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks.

I've never been a fan of keyboard warriors or internet gangsters - those who talk tough online and use the internet to say stuff that they would only do in real life in their minds. The world is filled with enough junk as is that negativity from those people are so unnecessary.

As for the Chris Brown stuff earlier, he's still a kid who hasn't grown up yet. I may have a few songs from him in my collection, but I don't listen to his music for two reasons. One is I'm on one of those long cycles where commercial pop music isn't on my rotation. The second reason is that he hasn't shown that he understand what his actions have done. Dude has anger issues. Seriously. Cannot be supportive of anyone who hits a woman and doesn't get it. That's on my short list of no-no's. Perhaps if he shows true contrition by action only my stance will soften, but until then...

It would appear Mr. Brown is in a bit of trouble. Chris Brown's freedom at stake with two cases - CNN.com

I have zero sympathy.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Windows Phone 8.1 is pretty cool. That just went through my mind, and then I wondered where they go from here, now that they finally have caught up.

I think Microsoft should make the Nokia specific features available for every manufacturer, and then they should get some big names on board to produce devices, real high end devices, not recycled old phones. And then they should hurry with making Cortana internationally available, most of all the non speech features, as they are the important ones in everyday use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo